Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
harmlessgoat22

Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

This is the latest CVS snapshot. It appears that they have changed the latest version number. That can only mean one thing...They are packaging Beta 3 and it will be released sometime today or tomorrow! That's great news!
Attachments
beta3.PNG
(11.05 KiB) Downloaded 1814 times
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

Yawnster

Re: Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Post by Yawnster »

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

What the heck is that? It's just a link to the Beta 2 Announcement. ????
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

well we've known it was coming sooner or later, but hopefully they'll have a tiny lil DB update script for B2 updating :p

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Oh, don't worry, they will.
ACP wrote: Release announcement

Please read the release announcement for the latest version before you continue your update process, it may contain useful information. It also contains full download links as well as the change log.

How to update your installation

The recommended way of updating your installation only takes the following steps:

* Go to the phpBB.com downloads page and download the correct archive. If you are unsure you can download the correct archive directly as a zip file.

* Unpack the archive

* Upload the complete uncompressed install folder to your phpBB root directory (where your config.php file is).

Once uploaded your board will be offline for normal users.

Now start the update process by pointing your browser to the install folder.

You will then be guided through the update process. The update is complete after the database update script has been completed successfully - this is the last step within the udpate process.

That is exactly how it shows in the ACP (and I added the links and such), except I underlined links as they aren't easy to see... Some of the links don't work, as they haven't added downloads for some of it yet...
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

that's not necessarily intended for beta upgrades.  quite possibly just preparation for the gold release.  

besides, I need to keep my optimisim in check anyway... I've been burned (extremely badly) already once today....

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Well, the link leads to phpBB-3.0.B3-dev_to_3.0.B3.zip which implies that is for upgrading from b3dev to b3. And you got burned? How?
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal

APTX

Post by APTX »

Testing the new update system sounds logical...
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

harmlessgoat22 wrote: Well, the link leads to phpBB-3.0.B3-dev_to_3.0.B3.zip which implies that is for upgrading from b3dev to b3. And you got burned? How?
by being optimistic about my bucs today and they lay an egg at home for the first time in a decade or so, and the first time EVER at Ray Jay.  

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

There will be no update path between the betas.