Harder or easier to mod Olympus?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

Harder or easier to mod Olympus?

Post by yexusbeliever »

With the new Olympus, I am just curious if it is easier or harder for modders to make mod?
hmm....

EXreaction

Re: Harder or easier to mod Olympus?

Post by EXreaction »

Just like in phpBB2, its quite hard to start out...but once you learn how everything works, its not too hard...

In some ways its easier(IF and PHP in templates, and templates being in .html instead of .tpl...so the source can be highlighted in editors)...and I am sure that it is harder in some other ways...like using ModX... ;)

CyberMartyr

Post by CyberMartyr »

EXreaction wrote: Just like in phpBB2, its quite hard to start out...but once you learn how everything works, its not too hard...

In some ways its easier(IF and PHP in templates, and templates being in .html instead of .tpl...so the source can be highlighted in editors)...and I am sure that it is harder in some other ways...like using ModX... ;)

Not sure why you would need to, I've been playing with the CVS and it has 90% of the mods I use installed!

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

Well I need to relearn the internals but I do like the query builder thingie I saw. :)

So harder to begin with but it'll in the end be easier.