Who has been "waiting" the longest??

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SUFanatic

Who has been "waiting" the longest??

Post by SUFanatic »

I saw in another thread where someone was complaining about having to wait for Olympus to be released. So, i figured it would be good for a laugh or two to see who had been "waiting" the longest. And, it beats watching grass grow or paint dry! :D

I've been using phpBB since 2002 for my university's fan based site. (not sure if outside links are allowed so i won't post it) In the process, managed to convert several other schools in our conference over to phpBB.

I don't post here alot...mainly because my knowledge of php is extremely limited...but...i have been following the progress of Olympus for years and wish to personally thank all of the developers who have worked on it! And, I don't mind waiting! :lol:

*This is just for fun so please dont turn this into a "we've waited long enough" thread...i thought it would be interesting to see how loyal people have been to phpBB...for me, there is nothing else!*

dhn

Re: Who has been "waiting" the longest??

Post by dhn »

April 4th, 2002.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

dhn wrote: April 4th, 2002.
Dominik... you don't count. ;) Also, we've (team members) been talking of the next version of phpBB (then 2.2, now 3.0) even before phpBB2.0.0 was released. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

SamG

Post by SamG »

Even if dhn doesn't count, this is going to be a very popular reply.

I don't remember what happened with area51 right after 2.0 release, but no doubt as soon as 2.1 opened up here, the waiting began in earnest. That can't be later than early 2003 and possibly before the end of 2002.

That was two monitors ago. 8O

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

SamG wrote:
Even if dhn doesn't count, this is going to be a very popular reply.

I don't remember what happened with area51 right after 2.0 release, but no doubt as soon as 2.1 opened up here, the waiting began in earnest. That can't be later than early 2003 and possibly before the end of 2002.

That was two monitors ago. 8O
Well, technically, CVS has the start date for phpBB2.1/3.0 as the 2nd of April 2002 ( http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/p ... ideattic=0" target="_blank ), where phpBB2.1.0 [20020402] was basically the same as phpBB2.0.0. Whatever the actual date, it's been over 4 years... for me that's two employers ago. :P

SamG

Post by SamG »

Just can't get good monitors and employers these days. :(

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

SamG wrote: Just can't get good monitors and employers these days. :(
Or we're just showing our age. ;)

Suetan

Post by Suetan »

I've been waiting for three years, I'll wait until it's ready.

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

December 2004.

ve4jhj

Post by ve4jhj »

Well, I know I haven't been waiting the longest by any means, however, I've been waiting since I first heard about it.....not to mention salivating :lol: but I have a feeling Dominik wins, although the team members in general, all of them, win, since they've been waiting since before it was even conceived, when it was just a sparkle in Paul's eye.

[Edit: for me, that means March, 2004]
NO PM or IM support offered!!
thank you!