How far are you?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ralle

How far are you?

Post by Ralle »

Hello! I was just wondering. How far are you?
I mean when is it ready? I know you dont want to be stressed and all that but is it in 6 months? 3 months? 1 year? 5 years? I am REALLY looking forward to this thing. I so much can't wait till I can make my own bbcodes and just this new design.. AWESOME when's it ready?

ergo14

Re: How far are you?

Post by ergo14 »

its ready when its done. they'll pretty far, im expecting beta relatively soon . but no one will give you an ETA.

Ralle

Post by Ralle »

how many % done? you think?

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

it is done x% .. you decide what x is.. nobody official can/will give you an estimate because all is does is mount pressure upon people.. Please bud, use the search, they even fixed it again recently.. This has been answered many millions of times..

Yawnster

Ralle

Post by Ralle »

ah.. 1 thing,. Have you added all "mods"? and are you just fixing now ?

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

Ralle wrote: ah.. 1 thing,. Have you added all "mods"? and are you just fixing now ?
There are no 'mods' in 3.0. They are stock features. The codebase of 3.0 has little in relation to the codebase of 2.0.x

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

SHOwned

Post by SHOwned »

Of course this is not official, but the devs have really been on fire lately, check out the CVS statistics commit log! Damn!

Anyway, at the rate they are fixing bugs, I would, and this is just my assumption, assume it will go beta fairly soon.

I am very anxious to see it come out, but honestly, I would rather see them take their time with it and make a real good product than rush it.

dhn

Post by dhn »

SHOwned wrote: I am very anxious to see it come out, but honestly, I would rather see them take their time with it and make a real good product than rush it.
If you had learnt anything from the last 4 years, you would know that rushing is the last thing we do. 8)

Alexander the Great

Post by Alexander the Great »

dhn wrote:
SHOwned wrote: I am very anxious to see it come out, but honestly, I would rather see them take their time with it and make a real good product than rush it.
If you had learnt anything from the last 4 years, you would know that rushing is the last thing we do. 8)
Actually, the phpBB group seems to contradict itself on that statement. On the phpBB3 it is taking its time, but on the 2.0.x patches sometimes seem rushed, especially since I can think of several times when there have been 2 patches in one week.

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

That doesn't mean they're rushed. That just means that they are efficient in finding and fixing bugs and security problems. ;)