List of easyMOD 0.3.0 complilant mods

This is a temporary forum setup for the purpose of discussing the EMC standards
gamerxgirl

List of easyMOD 0.3.0 complilant mods

Post by gamerxgirl »

I'm not quite sure is someone started this already, because the search feature in this board isn't working at the moment, so I just thought I'd post this. I know many people ask 'What mods work with easyMOD?" Well, I've decided to help answer that question. I'll (hopefully) start this tonight, and will be posting a list of easyMOD compliant mods, and mods that aren't, with fixes. :)
---------------------------------
http://proud-nerd.net" target="_blank
http://html-girl.net" target="_blank
http://sims2sites.com" target="_blank

wGEric

Re: List of easyMOD 0.3.0 complilant mods

Post by wGEric »

Every MOD in the MOD Database at phpBB.com has been installed using EasyMOD on a vanilla board.

Anyways, at this time, no MODs, except a select few, are EMC. This is because the EMC standards haven't been completed yet. How can something claim to be EMC when no one knows what you have to do in order to be EMC?
Eric

siguie

Post by siguie »

Well I "had" the same question ... so by any chance is there a list of Mods that are known to not play well with each other?

I just installed EasyMod and it really is great! It would be nice to have a list of known issues with templates and mods that should not be cohabitating but regardless you EasyMod guys ROCK! :D

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

Lots of MODs born, live and die everyday. I have not found any human able to maintain such a list... yet. ;)

The best you could do is install a local webserver and play around with MODs of your choice. Be sure that you'll need to deal with conflicts, test different orders of installation, etc. At the end though, you can come across with your own set of favorite MODs that would work for you, but that you would have to maintain when new versions are released.

niksa

Post by niksa »

Plus, you can always ask the MOD authors... many of them actually DO know about compatibility because they also use others MODs too, usually (or the people who use their MODs might know). Chances are, if the MOD is very popular or very recent, it's probably going to be ok with EM (not all.. but many! And also, if they are Released MODs, it's more likelyto work with EM than a beta). Also, if it's very popular like the Cash MOD or Attachments MOD, you can find out about compatibility issues by searching those threads (use google to search those threads though, otherwise you'll go nuts!) :mrgreen:

Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

List of compliant mods? That would be great cause so far I have tried several installs, all on a clean board(minus Extreme Styles hack) and every single one has come back with some sort of bug.

Not trying to sound ungratefull, the concept is novel and has done ownders for vBulletin, but I think perhaps taking a look at there plug in system could perhaps provide some insight into making a more stable version. :)

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Instead of looking for EMC mods, look for mods that will work with the latest version(or your installed version) of phpBB2. If it will work with that version, and will work with other mods you have installed, it should work with easymod. ;)