Have I done something wrong...

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Glorius Hole

Have I done something wrong...

Post by Glorius Hole »

Regarding the styles. i've been playing around trying to make a main index that uses the style of the phpbb forum. Kind of like a portal page except just one page on it's own. I have it in this format on the server:

mysite.com/main.php

and the board is located at:

mysite.com/board/index.php

So the 'portal main index' is a directory up a level from the board. Now, I got the php file to work allright. I pulled a few bits from index.php and made a highly basic template file and bunged that into the template directory. Thing is, when you execute main.php, it loads everything fine. Just not the style.

That's to say all the tables load okay and anything put in them does too, but I was on the assumption that the tables, cells and whatnot would have the various sections 'coloured' like in the forum.

What did I do wrong? I know the styling system is likely to change before a finsihed version of 3.0 is release, hence why I'm only 'playing' with it, though it is irritating to get this far and not be able to figure out what the smeg is going on.

Here's the template, it's just a simple table with two rows:

Code: Select all

<table class="tablebg" width="50%" height="98" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1">
  <tr>
    <td class="cat">Oh what a lovely title</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td class="row1">Good day for a quickie, what?</td>
  </tr>
</table>
Like I said, the table loads perfectly, so does the text. But shouldn't the top row have that blue border on it and th ebackground be a sort of grey-blue, just like the forum?

Viperal2

Re: Have I done something wrong...

Post by Viperal2 »

Did you add the link to the CSS stylesheet.

Mostliky

<link rel="stylesheet" href="board/styles/subSilver/theme/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
is what you need. If you want the theme to use the same selection (user default theme changable and stuff ) as the forums you to add some extra.

If you call page_header() for the forums function.php just use

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{T_STYLESHEET_LINK}" type="text/css" />
What is The Viperal ?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/viperals/" target="_blank

Glorius Hole

Re: Have I done something wrong...

Post by Glorius Hole »

Oh heck, no I didn't. I didn't even think of that. Thanks very much!