About Beta

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
qwerty-1

Re: About Beta

Post by qwerty-1 »

At what development cycle there is a project?

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

asgl wrote: By the way: is there a developement status page? I mean, a page where we can see what still need to be completed...
Not really. You can see the list of things that were last intended to be included here, but that's just about six months old now.
qwerty-1 wrote: At what development cycle there is a project?
Pre-alpha. No releases have been made or scheduled. At some point, a series of betas will be released, followed by a couple of RCs (Release Candidates), then the final release. However, development on Olympus has been suspended for a review of the 2.0.x codebase, initial fixes for which were posted to the CVS a couple of days ago.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Lord Illicious

Post by Lord Illicious »

Ide like to know what release is this one we are using and if when thge beta is released will it be supported if i upgrade my forum to it.

Hoping for a release soon, possibly this year.

Anyways you guys are doing and have done great work.
Shaolin-Venoms.com
SV is retiring. New site will be ShaolinGate.com

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

Lord Illicious, the one used here at area51 is Pre-Alpha, a tad better than the CVS shots though but, it's pre-alpha.

Release specs for Olympus is probably a way off, I doubt it'll be released this year, but I am hoping it does. As do many of us here, yet I can't rush the DEV team because I want a quality product. ^_~
Someplace where it's dark, someplace where it's quiet, I feel at home... I have nowhere to go any longer, as that's what I desire.

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Martin Blank wrote: However, development on Olympus has been suspended for a review of the 2.0.x codebase
It has? Thats news to me ... my understanding was that the review of 2.0.x wasn't going to stop development on Olympus.
Eric

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

wGEric wrote: It has? Thats news to me ... my understanding was that the review of 2.0.x wasn't going to stop development on Olympus.
There was mention of it here not long ago. I'll see if I can find it.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

SamG

Post by SamG »

viewtopic.php?p=124766#124766

T-M said the audit was the priority, so while Martin's statement may not be strictly accurate (though it seems to me to be close enough for our purposes here), we can certainly say work on Olympus is not the priority while the audit is in progress.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I like Martha and I especially like phpBB, and the devs are focusing and working on the 2.0.* bugs and security issues which will help the installed base (beef it up so sites and security guys "feel" good about it) and will likely help the 3.0 core code as similar issues are found and resolved. Focusing some time on these type issues is OK seeing GrahamJE and acydburn pumping out some checkins is nice to see with the recent "staff changes". Regardless, seeing the new checkins yesterday and today is very nice, and Martha would tell us "It's A Good Thing"...

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

trinest wrote: Wonder if it will ever be beta.
The probability that it will happen is the same as the probability that you will wake up tomorrow and the earth will still be there.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio