Awaiting in silence

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
luvish

Awaiting in silence

Post by luvish »

How do you guys manage your anguish waiting for Olympus in such a silence ?

Ivisit several times a day to check if it is released, or at least to see some info about release date....

It is like a toture to wait without having any guesss when it comes

cyberCrank

Re: Awaiting in silence

Post by cyberCrank »

It is our design and purpose in life to suffer and endure the anguish and pain, dredging and plowing through these posts looking for the smallest nuggets of hope and relief ;)

mansuetus

Post by mansuetus »

luvish wrote: How do you guys manage your anguish waiting for Olympus in such a silence ?

Ivisit several times a day to check if it is released, or at least to see some info about release date....

It is like a toture to wait without having any guesss when it comes
You've been here for only 4 months... So I understand why you are such impatient !

now, I just pray :-)
Petite publicité pour mon site : on présente des horoscopes qui tuent, on propose des tests,
et si tu cherches bien, tu verras même un phpBB :-)
viens sur spontex.org !

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

Yeh well I come each day but I don't hope, the recent list has a lot of things to be fixed. I say summer would be reasonable for a release date, so I don't hold my breath. Will have to work with 2.0.13 for a few months more... if you've waited for a xouple of years that's no big deal :roll:
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Been waiting for almost 2 years now. Just keep coding, practicing every day, gotta get pro.

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

hmmm...

Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?

APTX

Post by APTX »

Never ever.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

sql

Post by sql »

:lol: I have site base on 2.0.13 and currently write a big script as an addition feature to the site but it was delay like 3 weeks now due to school stuffs .. and members are complaining everywhere .. sound just like people complained in here .. lolz .. :D .. i know how you guy felt :D

I also have an idea for a site and that will be base on phpbb3 .. I will wait until olympus release and start working on it. Take your time guy! .. :lol:

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

I've been waiting for about two years too... I understand why Paul and the developers have been taking so long, but... come on... two years? It's getting ridiculous. It's BEEN ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love phpBB but I may have to switch (to SMF) just because development has been sooo slow. I've been wanting to upgrade my site but waiting for phpBB 2.2 (now 3), but when can I expect a release? Paul said they expected a BETA by late March.... well, that didn't work out. Now there's another huge todo list. When can I expect a beta now? Maybe another two years?
I really think the dev team should do something to speed up development. I know they don't have any obligation to do anything, really, but this is a pretty big problem. phpBB 3 has been overhauled a lot, but waiting 2+ (3+?) years for a release like this is simply ridiculous.

Josh

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

JPortal wrote: I've been waiting for about two years too... I understand why Paul and the developers have been taking so long, but... come on... two years? It's getting ridiculous. It's BEEN ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love phpBB but I may have to switch (to SMF) just because development has been sooo slow. I've been wanting to upgrade my site but waiting for phpBB 2.2 (now 3), but when can I expect a release? Paul said they expected a BETA by late March.... well, that didn't work out. Now there's another huge todo list. When can I expect a beta now? Maybe another two years?
I really think the dev team should do something to speed up development. I know they don't have any obligation to do anything, really, but this is a pretty big problem. phpBB 3 has been overhauled a lot, but waiting 2+ (3+?) years for a release like this is simply ridiculous.

Josh
Then switch to SMF instead of coming here whining.
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."