ETA for V.3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
CMCA

ETA for V.3?

Post by CMCA »

Hey I was wondering when the ETA might be for V.3?

just wondering if its worth working on and installing mods for V.2 at this stage?

ps. To those who would LOL.
How about you do something positive? Spending your time messing with free to air products - where is your head at?

Go and screw SHELL, WORLD BANK or someone who deserves it - if you can?

SolarFX

Re: ETA for V.3?

Post by SolarFX »

I'm sorry, but what does ETA mean? I might feel like a moron when I get the answer. :oops:
CMCA wrote: ps. To those who would LOL.
How about you do something positive? Spending your time messing with free to air products - where is your head at?

I think it's one person who thinks they are slick because they have a nice rig going. NEWS FLASH! It's just a person who can't get a girlfriend because he/she is extremely annoying and has nothing better to do. Doubt he/she has any friends... not even a site of their own.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

CMCA

Post by CMCA »

ETA is aeroplane talk for estimated time of arrival.

sorry about that wasn't a standard shortcut.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

No, beta will appear in the near term.

CMCA

Post by CMCA »

don't be shy!

in about 3 months or so?

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

As said elsewhere, within the next month or two. Beyond that there are no dates set at all.

CMCA

Post by CMCA »

Sorry about the repeat question - I did look I promise.

Thanks anyways for your time and good luck with progress and the situation with the moron(s).

I am looking forward to the v.3 - thanks again!

ciao.

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

I would just like to say thank you for putting more time into a better product. The time put in will benefit everyone else, but it has given me time to complete a project in which I could have lost my job over. So thanks for making sure your product is the best it can be. :)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

Sidha

Post by Sidha »

SolarFX wrote: I'm sorry, but what does ETA mean? I might feel like a moron when I get the answer. :oops:
CMCA wrote: ps. To those who would LOL.

I think it's one person who thinks they are slick because they have a nice rig going. NEWS FLASH! It's just a person who can't get a girlfriend because he/she is extremely annoying and has nothing better to do. Doubt he/she has any friends... not even a site of their own.
funny though.. the kids probably are not aware their IP is logged... knowing that might open a can of worms or something.. LOL

But in reply to the topic... the latest CVS I downloaded (and modifications I made to it) is working quite well... it sure gives me time to go ahead and rewrite the extra thingies I need which I have in 2.0 ... and I agree, better late and good then some crap.
-- this space for rent --

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

psoTFX wrote: No, beta will appear in the near term.
Hey kids! Take this as a hint. Notice a change in psoTFX's wording? Before it was "phpBB 3 will come out when we feel like it", now it's "it will come out very soon".
Maybe I'm just getting desperate, but this looks good :)