Gosh, the new phpBB 2.2 ROCKS!

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Supercoolyo

Gosh, the new phpBB 2.2 ROCKS!

Post by Supercoolyo »

It's great! I can't wait to get this onto my website, after this, I'll only have to wait til Extreme phpBB 4.0 (for phpBB 2.2) comes out! :lol:

I love the Report Post! I have been struggling so hard to get a similar mod to this on my own forum, but it's near to impossible 8O

In the report post, how does it report it? Does it post in a forum for mods only? I know of a mod that does a similar thing, that has a link back to the post, and the description for why it breaks the individual forum's rules.

I love the Topic Icon feature also, that's really cool, I know it's on Invision, but it's really great in my opinion. Are you going to make all the smilies that nice looking?

grön

Re: Gosh, the new phpBB 2.2 ROCKS!

Post by grön »

I think the smiles you use in the messages will remain the same to not mess upp the text! :mrgreen:
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH

Graham

Post by Graham »

No, the reporting system does not use a private forum, it is stored in a separate part of the database and when I (or any moderator) look at a given forum, I can see at a glance which topics have got reports against them or if I am in a topic I can see which posts have reports against them and from there go to view the report.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

What if the thread that has the "report-checkmark" on it has 400 posts in it on 40 pages. How will we know which exact post has the complaint on it? Is there a provision for this, or does the moderator have to sift through all 40 pages of messages to find the reported post? Will there be a "quick-link" to take us directly to the reported post (which is on page 23 of 40)?

AdamR

Post by AdamR »

IronDogg wrote:Will there be a "quick-link" to take us directly to the reported post (which is on page 23 of 40)?
Last time I checked my test board ... yep. :D

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

Supercoolyo

Post by Supercoolyo »

So is there a place where staff can see a list of all offending posts, so they can look through them, and work on those when they have time? And what does the ACP look like in phpBB 2.2?

AdamR

Post by AdamR »

Supercoolyo wrote:So is there a place where staff can see a list of all offending posts, so they can look through them, and work on those when they have time?
This will be available in the Moderation Control Panel.
And what does the ACP look like in phpBB 2.2?
Why don't you download a copy of the CVS and try it yourself? :D

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

Supercoolyo wrote:So is there a place where staff can see a list of all offending posts, so they can look through them, and work on those when they have time? And what does the ACP look like in phpBB 2.2?
there is a demo at http://www.phpbbhacks.com" target="_blank
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

Supercoolyo

Post by Supercoolyo »

Thanks guys, I'll check it out... also, what's the CVS? :oops:

Supercoolyo

Post by Supercoolyo »

Ok, can't find an edit button :lol: sorry for double posting, that's a no-no in every forum, I know :P

I found the CVS, and it's amazing how much the search feature can do when ya need help :mrgreen: