Change the size of the avatar

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Henri

Change the size of the avatar

Post by Henri »

I'm currently redesigning our forum template but I've seen that there's no way to resize avatars. There's a variable that calls avatars just won't let me resize them.

Within my theme, I have a special design for the first post in order to have more space for it. Currently, the first topic doesn't have any avatars because they were a bit too big. I still want to have them but there's no way to call avatars without touching phpBB code outside themes.

So I'm wondering if this is something you would consider if an RFC is made? :)

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Change the size of the avatar

Post by DavidIQ »

I don't understand what the RFC would be for. If you have a style that needs a smaller size avatar then that's the job of the style to resize accordingly through the use of CSS. Clearly you already know which is the first post if you're giving it special styling so you should be able to do that for the first post.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: Change the size of the avatar

Post by hanakin »

Avatars are being reworked for the next major release. They will work similar to github and facebook. on upload there will be an editor. All will be standardized to provide different sizes to use throughout the theme.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image