phpbb and mobile friendly errors

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
L&R

phpbb and mobile friendly errors

Post by L&R »

Hello dear community members,

Sorry if I don't post in the right section but I have a simple question for issues that bother me.
My phpbb board 3.3.0 receives from google search console error messages regarding mobile compatibility.
I just checked and default phpbb forum and discovered that it has same errors from GSC.
Is this a big problem and could I do something in this regards?

https://search.google.com/test/mobile-f ... mmunity%2F

Kind regards,
Victor

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: phpbb and mobile friendly errors

Post by DavidIQ »

I see some warnings, no errors and those warnings are more about the tool you just posted not being able to work properly. In fact the page reports the following:
mobile-friendly.png
What console errors are you seeing?

L&R

Post by L&R »

Thank you for your reply, yes it seems fine now for phpbb/forum, I receive the following errors on my board:
Clickable elements too close together
Content wider than screen

When i test and preview it on mobile or through accessibility tool from Chrome or Mozilla it looks ok for me but Google gives me errors.
Last edited by L&R on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

david63

Post by david63 »

L&R wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:03 pmon my boars
???????
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Random American

Post by Random American »

L&R wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:03 pm Thank you for your reply, yes it seems fine now for phpbb/forum, I receive the following errors on my board:
Clickable elements too close together
Content wider than screen

When i test and preview it on mobile or through accessibility tool from Chrome or Mozilla it looks ok for me but Google gives me errors.
This board isn't that active. Maybe someone at the community forum can help you, especially if this is a problem specific to your board.
Stand with Ukraine!

steve1200

Post by steve1200 »

I noticed the same errors. The errors occur on my phpBB site plus nearly every other site I've submitted to Goggle for mobile friendly suggestions. I was curious so I submitted some of Googles pages for evaluation and Google flunks their own test.

As a result, I test by websites using IOS and Android to determine if there really are difficulties navigating pages. If my fat fingers can manipulate pages I figure anyone can.

Regarding screen width, phpBB maximizes the width in portrait but has borders in the landscape mode. This is beneficial, in my opinion, as it maximizes the display on the narrow screen. I use the prosilver template so if you are using another template you may get different results.

The end result is I take Google's mobile suggestions with a grain of salt.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

steve1200 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:30 pm The end result is I take Google's mobile suggestions with a grain of salt.
So do I. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades