ACP Feature Request: Add site map & quick search on where to find specific settings

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Peeagepeebeebee

ACP Feature Request: Add site map & quick search on where to find specific settings

Post by Peeagepeebeebee »

I'm a phpBB newbie. Despite making very good progress after three weeks setting up and tweaking my board to my exact requirements, I still have a hard time once in a while finding exactly where to make specific adjustments in the ACP (Admin Control Panel). I guess unless one is constantly using the ACP on a daily basis, many users have the same problem – and just like me – end up clicking through the numerous tabs und subpages until they accidentally come across the setting they’ve been searching for.

It would be a HUGE help, if the ACP would have a categorized alphabetic index page/sitemap comparable that found e.g. in some routers (see attachment), as well as a quick search field in the top right corner where the each ACP function/field is stored with several alternative hashtags (so one can e.g. search for either "subscribe" or "subscription" or "forum subscription"). Clicking the link in the site map or search result should redirect the user directly the matching ACP page and to make it perfect point at the matching field/radio buttom/check box through highlight or visible pointer.

Categorized sitemap.png