Database schema/relationships documentation?

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
v12mike

Database schema/relationships documentation?

Post by v12mike »

I have a couple of phpBB projects that I am considering. It would be nice if there was some existing documentation on the structure and relationships of data in the database. Is there anything other than the source code and sql schema (which doesn't capture a lot of relationships that the software relies on)?

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Database schema/relationships documentation?

Post by P_I »

v12mike

Post by v12mike »

P_I wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:47 am Have you looked at Tables - phpBB Development Wiki?
No, I had not found that. It is almost exactly what I was looking for.

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Attached are a couple of things I found a loong time ago, when I had a similar question.

BEWARE: THESE ARE FOR 3.0, not for 3.1/3.2

Significant parts are common, but others have changed, there have been (very relevant) additions and deletions, both tables and fields.

Al least, something to get started. I am attaching these here as I have not been able to find a working link any more. Take a look at the author so that you give credit to where it belongs, not me.

Regards,
-javiexin

PS: If someone has or know of an equivalent diagram for 3.1/3.2, it would be a great documentation addition. Specially if done in manageable chunks, not all-in-one, that makes it too complex.
Attachments
PhpBB3.png
phpbb3_tables.png

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

I just found out about this:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2424496

Might not be perfect (at least there are quite some missing relations), but definitely helps!
-javiexin