How did you manage phpbb and jira integration on this site ?

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Jeromnimo

How did you manage phpbb and jira integration on this site ?

Post by Jeromnimo »

Hi there,

I'm a long time user of phpbb as well as jira that I discovered at work several years ago.

I'm the main developer of wowmodelviewer software (http://forum.wowmodelviewer.net), and I am actually using jira via atlassian cloud offer (which is free for opensource projects :) http://wowmodelviewer.atlassian.net)

I'm now in a process to move jira into my own server in order to allow users to share their credentials between the two, instead of needed 2 accounts. I see here a nice integration of both tool, and I would like to know if someone can give me some clues about:
- technology used to unify user accounts (I have succesfully manage do to that on a local vm using openldap, but unfortunatelly, as far as I know, phpbb only support read only mode for openldap, so I would have to redirect all account creation to jira, which sounds weird). Are you using crowd from atlassian ? If yes, did you write integration with phpbb yourself ?
- how did you manage to get a "constant header bar" between jira and phpbb ? Did you change source code from jira to do that ? Are you using a plugin ?

Thanks in advance for your answer, if you think this forum is not the right place to discuss that, feel free to contact me by mail : jerome@bausse.fr
"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." Copyleft Linus Torvald

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Re: How did you manage phpbb and jira integration on this site ?

Post by Nicofuma »

For the account integration we are using crowd with an integration we wrote ourselves indeed but I'm not really aware about the details, you should ask naderman for that (he wrote the integration).
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

naderman wrote:ping
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

Jeromnimo

Post by Jeromnimo »

Thanks Nicofuma, I dropped a mail to naderman :)

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

We use crowd. You can find the code we used on crowd & phpBB at https://github.com/naderman/crowd-phpbb-auth - I'm not actually sure how up to date that is however.

For the header we changed the jira templates, so yes its source code.

Jeromnimo

Post by Jeromnimo »

Thanks for your answer,

I have started a provider yesterday, I will probably base it on your code :)

Did you checked usage of openldap instead of crowd when you did this merge ? (In fact, I am wondering what would be more efficient for me, writing a read/write capable ldap provider or a crowd provider)