JIRA needs better integration with phpbb.com

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: JIRA needs better integration with phpbb.com

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Dragosvr92 wrote:I think JIRA should stop being attached to the phpbb.com sessions if it cant handle username changes.
We have to register on the discussion board/area51 separately. I dont mind to re register on JIRA for a 3rd time if thats the only way.
You're in the minority then. When JIRA was first introduced many in the community openly complained that they would have to register again. The compromise was to set up Crowd to replicate users from phpBB.com to JIRA. Even with the drawbacks this could cause, everyone was happy. Can't please everyone I guess. ;)

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah. i think there should be a field in the user row where his previous usernames are stored, When you try to access the older username you get redirected to the latest one. This way it solves the issue with the username from the MODX files and JIRA. And it is a nice feature to visit someones profile and see their previous usernames. Anyone thinks i should create a ticket or discussion topic about this?
Previous user: TheKiller

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:52 am

That won't work correctly anymore when 2 users share the same name which could happen.
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:37 am

nickvergessen wrote:That won't work correctly anymore when 2 users share the same name which could happen.
It couldnt... When the user would change his name, his old name would be added to his historic and it wont be free to reuse by others.
When they reserve a old nickname, phpbb would check if the user is registered and it will add the user to list or not...

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:31 am

I'm not sure what you think we can do to JIRA but it isn't much. It's a giant java cobweb and is a third party tool. While your suggestions are welcome modifying JIRA is going to be out of the question.

John P

Post by John P » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 am

What's wrong with JIRA can't login and captcha doesn't work also.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 am

John P wrote:What's wrong with JIRA can't login and captcha doesn't work also.
We are investigating this now. In future you can report this sort of thing by emailing website [at] phpbb [dot] com as the response would be swifter. :)

EDIT: This should now be resolved. If you have any further problems post here or email us on the address above. :)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:34 am

Really, cant the old username be changed at all? The same way you can add a user to the Assignee field, the reporter could/should be changed to something else .....