What is the future of phpBB????

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: What is the future of phpBB????

Post by nickvergessen »

https://www.phpbb.com/get-involved/?from=area51
The page is now updated. Let us know, if you think more changes are needed
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Ger

Post by Ger »

Thanks!
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

code reader

Post by code reader »

(reviving old topic)

during this topic, some pretty harsh things were said, many of them by myself (though i still think most of them were fair, they were still "harsh").

With the announcement on 3.1 alpha-3, i wanted to convey my thanks and appreciation to the team: i think this shows phpbb is heading towards a good track and good future.
Kudos to the team, and to anyone else who supported and contributed to the effort. I now truly believe this project will make a major release (first in 7 years) within several months, way before end of 2014, and will move to a time-based release schedule shortly thereafter.

May be a bit early to break the champagne just yet, but in light of the things i said in this topic. i want to say this: Great job, and Thanks!

peace.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

We are glad to hear it :)

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

3.0.6 should be considered a major release as it contained new features aswell, although the version change did not reflect that. Maybe it would have helped to name it 3.1 back then.
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

nickvergessen wrote:3.0.6 should be considered a major release as it contained new features aswell, although the version change did not reflect that. Maybe it would have helped to name it 3.1 back then.

What about 3.0.7? That added feeds and quick reply.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Danielx64 wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:3.0.6 should be considered a major release as it contained new features aswell, although the version change did not reflect that. Maybe it would have helped to name it 3.1 back then.

What about 3.0.7? That added feeds and quick reply.
No, that was in 3.0.6: https://www.phpbb.com/support/documents ... ion=3#v305

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

You know, with all the changes in 3.1... A make-over of prosilver to something a little more modern would be all you would need to get away with calling a release 4.0 !
Has an irascible disposition.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I have a bad feeling phpbb will use prosilver also in 10th version in 2030 :) I just dont understand why nobody wants to remake the design. Thats what users care about. I am not saying phpbb should follow all trends and hypes but there has to be some visual progress in design after 7 years.

wintstar

Post by wintstar »

Kamahl19 wrote:I have a bad feeling phpbb will use prosilver also in 10th version in 2030 :) I just dont understand why nobody wants to remake the design. Thats what users care about. I am not saying phpbb should follow all trends and hypes but there has to be some visual progress in design after 7 years.
+1
Greeting Stephan :-)