[RFC] Show if topic has a poll (in topic lists)

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Jessica.

Re: [RFC] Show if topic has a poll (in topic lists)

Post by Jessica. »

My gosh yes please +1

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

That's a good idea. Even better would be allowing search to be restricted to topics that had polls (or attachments for that matter) to make finding them easier. If I remember a topic with a poll (or attachment), but only remember some keywords, I might have to wade through pages of search results to find the poll (or attachment).

This would require another drop-down like Topic contains (Poll, Attachments, etc.).

Steve

P.S. As attachments are attached to posts, you might also want a Post contains drop-down.
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

Pony99CA wrote:That's a good idea. Even better would be allowing search to be restricted to topics that had polls (or attachments for that matter) to make finding them easier. If I remember a topic with a poll (or attachment), but only remember some keywords, I might have to wade through pages of search results to find the poll (or attachment).

This would require another drop-down like Topic contains (Poll, Attachments, etc.).

Steve

P.S. As attachments are attached to posts, you might also want a Post contains drop-down.
Talk to Lucifer4o. He's busy with this stuff anyway: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=45499

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

We propably should also add a event there, so extensions can add their icons aswell?
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

+1 it's a good idea to add an event here
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

Darkness_demoN

Post by Darkness_demoN »

+1 its a nice idea :)

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

nickvergessen wrote:We propably should also add a event there, so extensions can add their icons aswell?
Same ticket?

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

PayBas wrote:
Pony99CA wrote:That's a good idea. Even better would be allowing search to be restricted to topics that had polls (or attachments for that matter) to make finding them easier. If I remember a topic with a poll (or attachment), but only remember some keywords, I might have to wade through pages of search results to find the poll (or attachment).

Steve

Talk to Lucifer4o. He's busy with this stuff anyway: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=45499
That's about searching based on Custom Profile Fields. Polls (and attachments) aren't CPFs.

If you want to show an icon only, that's great, but allowing searching for polls would improve the feature greatly, I think.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.