[RFC] Modern profile fields in 3.1

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Volksdevil

Re: [RFC] Modern profile fields in 3.1

Post by Volksdevil »

Yes that would be better, but as you say it's not currently done like that elsewhere.

Mess

Post by Mess »

Yea I agree, that might be a better solution.
But really, I'm for any solution which gives me the ability to add icons to CPFs without having to hardcode them in.

sitesplat

Post by sitesplat »

igorw wrote:+1

Removing WLM is a no-brainer. This should be done ASAP.

Deciding which ones to add is a bit more difficult. Facebook does not make much sense in most cases imo. Twitter on the other hand, +1.

That's why I came out with this:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2261076

WLM, ICQ, JABBER its all old stuff. shouldn't be there at ALL now. That should have been taken care of already years ago. In anycase I remember there was some discussions here about making the default CPF more dynamic, like having the possibility to rename and edit them so that the Admin could go in change the title and link etc. Like WLM > Twitter blah blah. That makes more sense seeing as social media comes and goes and finally would solve the problem on having the Team to change/argue about removing/adding old/new CPF every couple of years. :shock:

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

That was the whole point of this RFC and why it has been merged. All profile fields are cpfs now...