[RFC|Merged] notification box

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
keith10456

Re: [RFC] notification box

Post by keith10456 »

VSE+ wrote:I still think the styling could be cooler. I tweaked this example. I've just done some basic CSS tweaking and I can help you make it look something more like this:
notification_new.jpg
Thoughts?
Very nice ;)

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Updated the attached image with a more Prosilvery Notifications header bar :)

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=42829&start=150#p249685

By the way, it works all the way down through IE6 (just in older IE's, there is no gradient to the title bar, just a solid color).
Has an irascible disposition.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

VSE+ wrote:Updated the attached image with a more Prosilvery Notifications header bar :)

By the way, it works all the way down through IE6 (just in older IE's, there is no gradient to the title bar, just a solid color).
I love how it looks like ! Congratulations. Where will this be added, 3.1?
Previous user: TheKiller

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

TheKiller wrote:I love how it looks like ! Congratulations. Where will this be added, 3.1?
It would be 3.1... But if EXreaction likes it, I'd need him to tell me how I get my changes incorporated into his Pull Request...not sure what the protocol is for making changes to another person's as of yet unmerged changes :roll: It's just a few minor changes to 3 files is all ;)

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

VSE+ wrote:I still think the styling could be cooler. I tweaked this example. I've just done some basic CSS tweaking and I can help you make it look something more like this:
notifications_again.png
Thoughts?
I like it!!!
VSE+ wrote: It would be 3.1... But if EXreaction likes it, I'd need him to tell me how I get my changes incorporated into his Pull Request...not sure what the protocol is for making changes to another person's as of yet unmerged changes :roll: It's just a few minor changes to 3 files is all ;)
Just do a PR on his branch for his feature. He can then merge into his branch and do a PR using that branch on phpbb/development. Good job! :)

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

VSE+ wrote:Updated the attached image with a more Prosilvery Notifications header bar :)

Hmm, it does not look like pure prosilver colors, does it? It is briliant, UI is perfect, I just think if colors correspond to prosilver ones...

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Very nice. +1.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Looks good to me. Right now the notifications branch/pr are a bit of a mess as we are trying to rebase it on develop. Once I get time again I'll be finishing that up with Oleg.

If it's just CSS, paste the css here and I'll commit it. :)

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Sent you a PR EXreaction!

https://github.com/EXreaction/phpbb3/pull/2

Senky wrote:Hmm, it does not look like pure prosilver colors, does it? It is briliant, UI is perfect, I just think if colors correspond to prosilver ones...
The notification bar has a gradient effect that goes from a lighter blue down to one of Prosilver's blue colors. 8-)

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Code: Select all

border-left: 10px dashed transparent;
border-right: 10px dashed transparent;
background: transparent;
I am most probably mistaken here, but.. Is this really required ?
Why do you have to set/define the colour as transparent? Dosent it display the same results with or without the colour defined as transparent?
Previous user: TheKiller