[RFC|Merged] AJAX

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: [RFC|Merged] AJAX

Post by Senky »

AJAX? What for? Simple log-out confirm box is enough, but it does not need AJAX...

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

you right. jquery is enough. like " book mark & subscribe Topics"

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

BTW, "marking topics in forum read" here marks them read, but does not remove all those icons signing new posts in topics. I think it is not a big deal to remove them (especially via jQuery selectors) and it would be much better I think. Like real ajax, because I do not see real point in marking them read, but page will remain the same and if I want to see the changes, I need to reload whole page (what is also suggestion in pop-up)...

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello,
+1 for the RFC
+1 for inline

I would be nice if a phpBB AJAX documentation for MOD authors would be available then the first beta of Ascraeus is released. So we (MOD athors) will have a chance to use it.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Search the wiki
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello Callum,
Sorry, I red the whole discussion and could not find any information. Maybe you should add a related advice to the first post in this topic.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Indeed, please link to the relevant documentation from this RFC.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty »

Senky wrote:AJAX? What for? Simple log-out confirm box is enough, but it does not need AJAX...
This isn't necessarily the case here (since we require a session ID on the logout link), but AJAX confirmation boxes can add to CSRF protection, while plain JS boxes do not.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

ok completely love the new features this brings to phpbb, but why was the screen after posting left as is rather than having the post updated via ajax or something after using the quick editor. I would redirect them to the post page why do they need a separate load event to simply ask if they wish to return to the index or the post. If this needs to be a seperate RFC now thats fine I just did not want to make the request if reason was already given not to.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

I actually complained about that. The post is actually loaded/updated in the background, behind the modal, in the case of approving a post or topic. Not sure what the point was of still having a box that gives the user options of where to go, which is "ok", but selecting either one, even the "Return to post/topic" one, reloads the entire page? Dumb...