[RFC] Contact Page

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Pony99CA

Re: Contact Page - a couple of changes?

Post by Pony99CA »

We know about that -- we've all posted there before this topic was started. I suspect that Louis started this topic because that one was moved to the Merged forum and he thought that either changes required a new topic or he just wanted to discuss changes more informally.

However, that doesn't explain this post. :?

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Pony99CA

Re: [RFC] Contact Page

Post by Pony99CA »

There's some discussion of other changes to the Contact page -- most notably adding a CAPTCHA -- going on in the Contact Page - a couple of changes? topic.

If those are more appropriate here, maybe that topic could be merged into this one (and you can delete this post and my last post and the post preceding it in that topic).

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

You just explained it yourself? :P

Yeah, I thought we could discuss about a couple of trivial changes.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Makes no sense to have the two topics. You're discussing the same thing in two different topics. Both have been merged now.

FloFlo91

Post by FloFlo91 »

Louis7777 wrote:It'd be better if we could only resize the message box vertically or at least give it a proportional max-width.
Just add this CSS rule to the textarea element :

Code: Select all

resize: vertical;

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

DavidIQ wrote:Makes no sense to have the two topics. You're discussing the same thing in two different topics. Both have been merged now.
With the difference that at first I was not discussing it in the Discussion forum, which was the most appropriate section. I couldn't delete my old post - which had earned replies - to avoid "discussing the same thing in two different topics". Plus, I only wanted to focus on a couple of trivial improvements.

Now that it's in the Merged RFCs section, let's forget about it.

Sumanai

Post by Sumanai »

FloFlo91 wrote: Just add this CSS rule to the textarea element :

Code: Select all

resize: vertical;
Will not help. In 3.1 uses javascript code to automatically stretch the answer field. That he adds resize: none, that prevents to stretch the answer field.
Changes must be done in javascript.
Sorry for my English.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil »

I seem to have an error with the contact page https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-12865 https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2252796 Nobody else? If not then apologies for submitting it to the tracker.