[RFC] Contact Page

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Re: [RFC] Contact Page

Post by MichaelC »

If there is enough time I'll work on a implementation of this after extensions admin and my current workload is done.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

nickvergessen wrote:Because when captchas are broken or you cant solve them (blind) you still need to be able to contact the admin, to tell him captcha is broken or you are blind and cant solve?
This might be a separate RFC, but how about a "Report Broken CAPTCHA" (or similar) link on all pages that include captcha. When this is clicked, the admin is somehow automatically notified (email, PM, etc.?) and can then fix the CAPTCHA. This would still make the contact form unusable until the CAPTCHA is fixed, but it would remedy this scenario.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Maybe we can implement the contact page without any captchas for now so that we have it?

Or add an acp on/off toggle for the entire contact page.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Oleg wrote:Maybe we can implement the contact page without any captchas for now so that we have it?

Or add an acp on/off toggle for the entire contact page.
I think there will need to be a toggle anyway.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

If that is the case then anyone who gets spammed can turn off the contact page entirely and be in exact same situation they are in now. Everyone else can benefit from having a contact page.

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello,
yes, there should be a setting to enbale or to disbale CAPTCHA for the contact page.

BTW: It should be the same for every page there CAPTCHA is used.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello,
today I found another missing feature in Contact Board Administration MOD :
Reasons per language

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

i think we can use Ajax system for contact us form.
there is many open source ajax contact us form in google.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Trying to register on a forum recently I encountered an unreadable captcha. When such a thing does happen I really would like an easily findable way to send an email to board administrators to let them know that it is impossible to register.

Obviously, having captcha on that page would render it equally useless.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

We can only live by applying tricks, using random stuff (AKA strings) and pray that the bots do not execute CSS. If all of those are met, then we can make something useful and kinda hard, for bots to overcome.