[RFC|Merged] Improve User Pruning feature

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
MartinTruckenbrodt

Re: [RFC|Accepted] Improve User Pruning feature

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello,
please think again about auto user pruning. I think it's a important and very usefully feature.

The confirmation page is a very good idea! If ADAP still will be needed for Ascraeus then I will include it there, too.

Sorry, since 2011 I'm very busy in job. Also I'm working on the next Advanced Block MOD generation. I don't have time to learn github, diff and theses things. Also I don't want to be a co-developer. I'm a poor and unimportant MOD author. That's enough and okay for me.
But if you have questions about the features of my MODs then please let me know. I will try to give you all help you want to have except coding.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

naderman wrote:Rebase onto latet develop and send a WIP pull request to track it properly from now on?
I could not rebase it onto develop but I did manage to solve all conflicts (see the history in my branch and earlier posts here). What I would do is take the last commit on AJD's branch and cherry-pick that on top of my branch, and then pull request the result if it's done.

I think our time will be better spent attending the other patches in progress/pull requests than getting this one properly rebased on develop, that said the history in this patch is kind of a mess.

(Note that last I checked the patch does merge into the current develop cleanly.)

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

A_Jelly_Doughnut

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Something is clearly broken with the way I did that cherry pick. I'm not sure what's wrong. I'll want to remove the commented-out var_dump too... :oops:
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

User list is not sorted in the preview.

Clicking unmark all scrolls up - a return false is missing somewhere.

skybound

Post by skybound »

I like to Prune users that have not logged in for x months/days. It would be neat to have such a prune routine built in as it is with forums that are pruned.

Pony99CA

Re: [RFC|Merged] Improve User Pruning feature

Post by Pony99CA »

Besides supporting other prune criteria and allowing checkboxes to remove pruning for some users, I'd like to see the list presented as a sortable table (like the Member List). That would allow sorting the prune candidates by various criteria and display the criteria that are (or can be) pruned on.

The default sorting order should be alphabetically by member name, but you could sort by posts or join date (or anything else).

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Please start a new topic.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Why start a new topic? I searched so that I wouldn't start a second (or third) topic about an existing issue.

Are we not allowed to suggest improvements to Merged RFCs in that RFC's topic?

Of course, if you really wanted a new topic, you could have split my post off and PMed me about that, suggesting that I edit the new topic to link to this RFC. That would be more constructive than a terse reply that added no value to the discussion.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.