[RFC|Accepted] Soft Delete

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
brunoais

Re: [RFC|Accepted] Soft Delete

Post by brunoais »

imkingdavid wrote:
brunoais wrote:@nickvergessen
I like it! Anyway, there's one big detail I don't like that imkingdavid already pointed out:
imkingdavid wrote:Also, I think that instead of having the checkbox for soft delete, make it a checkbox for hard delete, and make it unchecked by default.
Please don't just say "I don't like"; give some reasoning.
Hum.. Dunno exactly what to write. I don't see a defect to point out. it has the same value as the so used "+1"...

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

brunoais wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:
brunoais wrote:@nickvergessen
I like it! Anyway, there's one big detail I don't like that imkingdavid already pointed out:
imkingdavid wrote:Also, I think that instead of having the checkbox for soft delete, make it a checkbox for hard delete, and make it unchecked by default.
Please don't just say "I don't like"; give some reasoning.
Hum.. Dunno exactly what to write. I don't see a defect to point out. it has the same value as the so used "+1"...
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were disagreeing with the quoted part of my post, so I was wanting some details on that. Since you're just agreeing with it, never mind. :)
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Apart form the broken updater which will be fixed after migrations have been merged, the soft delete should be fully functional now!
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

Line 308 in mcp_queue.php throws an error. Should that now be (forum_topics_approved) instead of (forum_topics)?

White edges on icon_topic_deleted.png show using <p class="rules">.

mcp.php?i=queue&mode=deleted_posts&t=1. This is a first post (the topic). Selecting the icon_topic_deleted.png next to the deleted title takes you to Deleted posts in the Moderation queue. It is not there because it is a topic and correctly shows in Deleted topics.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

oddfish wrote:Line 308 in mcp_queue.php throws an error. Should that now be (forum_topics_approved) instead of (forum_topics)?
Fixed
oddfish wrote:White edges on icon_topic_deleted.png show using <p class="rules">.
The image will be replaced later anyway
oddfish wrote:mcp.php?i=queue&mode=deleted_posts&t=1. This is a first post (the topic). Selecting the icon_topic_deleted.png next to the deleted title takes you to Deleted posts in the Moderation queue. It is not there because it is a topic and correctly shows in Deleted topics.
hmm i will have a look at that one.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

nickvergessen wrote:
oddfish wrote:mcp.php?i=queue&mode=deleted_posts&t=1. This is a first post (the topic). Selecting the icon_topic_deleted.png next to the deleted title takes you to Deleted posts in the Moderation queue. It is not there because it is a topic and correctly shows in Deleted topics.
hmm i will have a look at that one.
Fixed it

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

Looks good.

When you view details of a deleted topic in a forum, you have Deleted post: Delete [b]Restore[/b]. When you hit restore, Deleted post: Delete [b]Restore[/b] is ajaxed out from the top of the post. Deleted by Admin on D M d, Y g:i a on the bottom of the post remains there until refreshed or revisited. Why not also remove this at the same time?

EDIT: a database_update.php error.
Works OK updating a vanilla install but where topic_replies does not exist then this error is thrown:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Unknown column 'topic_replies' in 'field list' [1054]
SQL
SELECT topic_id, topic_visibility, (topic_replies + 1) AS topic_posts_approved, topic_last_post_id, topic_last_post_subject, topic_last_post_time, topic_last_poster_id, topic_last_poster_name, topic_last_poster_colour FROM phpbb_topics WHERE forum_id = 0 AND topic_type = 3 in /home/me/public_html/soft/includes/db/dbal.php on line 809

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

APPROVE_TOPIC string missing in language mcp.php.

Should there also be a DISSAPROVE_TOPIC confirm box in mcp_queue?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Can you comment that on the PR, so I dont forget it https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/1017

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

oddfish wrote:APPROVE_TOPIC string missing in language mcp.php
Where does this show up?