phpBB 3.3.9-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.3.9-RC1 released

Post by Marc »

Release highlights The packages can be downloaded from our package archive or the Area51 downloads page. Please test the packages to extent, so we can have a fail-safe final release.

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Re: phpBB 3.3.9-RC1 released

Post by P_I »

I used the full package and followed the instructions in https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... date_full/ to update my phpBB test 3.3.8 board without issue. Running on PHP 8.1 (8.1.12).

Sanity testing showing no issues so far.
Last edited by P_I on Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added: My testing board updated, not production board

[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

P_I wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:17 pm I used the full package and followed the instructions in https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... date_full/ to update my phpBB 3.3.8 board without issue. Running on PHP 8.1 (8.1.12).

Sanity testing showing no issues so far.
If it turns out that the RC1 isn't what gets "released," could I still upgrade to the release version or at least a release version of the next version. I just want to make sure there are upgrade paths.
This was only a mock charge.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

I've updated my post above. I've updated my testing board, not production board. Production board(s) only are updated when actual release has been announced and made available.

[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

P_I wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:16 pm I've updated my post above. I've updated my testing board, not production board. Production board(s) only are updated when actual release has been announced and made available.
Appreciated. The board I was thinking about updating is one step above a blog anyway, so it wouldn't be catastrophic either way.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)

Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

I did 2 tries to update my test board 3.3.8 -> 3.3.9-RC1 (PHP 7.3). One with changed files, than with full package. Both ended with errors causing by 2 extensions - e.g. Board3 Portal

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Twig\Error\LoaderError: Looks like you try to load a template outside configured directories (../theme/portal.css) in "@board3_portal/event/overall_header_head_append.html" at line 2. in /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.ladyscommunity.de/public_html/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php:291 

Stack trace: 
#0 /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.ladyscommunity.de/public_html/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php(211): Twig\Loader\FilesystemLoader->validateName('../theme/portal...') 
#1 /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.ladyscommunity.de/public_html/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig\Loader\FilesystemLoader->findTemplate('../theme/portal...', true) 
#2 /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.ladyscommunity.de/public_html/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('../theme/portal...') 
#3 /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.ladyscommunity.de/public_html/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(313): Twig\Loader\FilesystemLoader->getCacheKey('../theme/portal...') 
#4 /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.l in /www/htdocs/w01873fa/tf.ladyscommunity.de/public_html/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php on line 291
Seems something with twig has changed. If I deactivate this extensions the error is gone.

May be Kirk/Marc can find out the problem?

edit://
yes, I got the solution from Kirk. In root/ext/board3/portal/styles/prosilver/template/event/overall_header_head_append.html search all ../theme and replace with @board3_portal

Thank you, Kirk.
Last edited by Scanialady on Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Updated without any issues (php 8.1+).

[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

GanstaZ wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 pm Updated without any issues (php 8.1+).
I did a fresh install. No issues, and seems to be pretty stable. I can see why this is an RC.

Kirk

Post by Kirk »

The update (manual method) went without problems, thanks team.

Dave41

Post by Dave41 »

I have also just done the update and it works fine. Thanks to you for this work.