How to get links to open in new tabs?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
totalnewbie

How to get links to open in new tabs?

Post by totalnewbie »

I'm running phpBB 3.3.3 and I can't for the life of me find a setting to make it open links in new tabs or new windows. I'm looking for a setting only, not code. I don't have the skills or time to learn code so if it needs a code fix, I'm out of luck, I could swear there was a setting in the admin panel that allowed you to set links in posts to open in either new windows or new tabs, but I can't seem to find it.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: How to get links to open in new tabs?

Post by DavidIQ »

There's no setting for that. This is the development board for phpBB though so for further discussion and suggestions please repost on our main forum at https://www.phpbb.com/community