Option For User To Display Custom Profile

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
duongthuydung

Option For User To Display Custom Profile

Post by duongthuydung »

The massage chair field is highly competitive and has major players such as Panasonic and Sanyo. Sanyo for instance has incorporated a technology to find your stress points throughout your back with the HEC-DR7700K. Sanyo has equipped the DR7700K with its GK roller system, which can reach out and touch you. These rollers are contained in the chair back and can extend forward to reach out and massage your neck and shoulders. The Sanyo shiatsu massage chair certainly a delightful and invigorating massage.
Last edited by duongthuydung on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Option For User To Display Custom Profile

Post by DavidIQ »

Ideas can be shared here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/ideas
david63

Post by david63 »

duongthuydung wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:39 am I love the Custom Profile Fields feature of phpbb 3.x. However, there isn't an option to give the user an option to display the profile field.

I think this is very important feature/option given today's concern over personal privacy.
No idea what that means.

Where do you want CPFs to be displayed?

With the correct settings they can be displayed in a user's profile and/or in the user's UCP
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!
mrgoldy
Development Team
Development Team

Post by mrgoldy »

Currently CPFs are configured by the Administrator, and the display is set by the Administrator.
What I believe is being requested, is that the User can configure where he wants a CPF to be displayed.
This does have quite a few draw backs unfortunately, among others a lot of inconsistency and a lot of additional table columns.
phpBB Studio Proud member of the Studio!
david63

Post by david63 »

mrgoldy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:39 am What I believe is being requested, is that the User can configure where he wants a CPF to be displayed.
If you go down that route then you could say the same about any other user data
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!
mrgoldy
Development Team
Development Team

Post by mrgoldy »

Yup, and I am not really in favor of it anyway.
Cause that gives a false sense of security in my opinion, if you filled the data in, it's visible somewhere, period.
phpBB Studio Proud member of the Studio!
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

They're optional for the most part anyways like the real names we have/display on phpBB.com