phpBB 3.3.0-b1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
AlfredoRamos

Re: phpBB 3.3.0-b1 released

Post by AlfredoRamos »

The extension catalog will be part of 3.3.x? I've been testing that in the master branch.
Some of my phpBB extensions:
Image Imgur | :chart_with_upwards_trend: SEO Metadata | Image Markdown | :lock: Auto-lock Topics
:trophy: Check out all my validated extensions :trophy:

:penguin: Arch Linux user :penguin:

koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Great to see 3.3 and compatibility with the new PHP.
I will love to see also a new feature or two as well, just to get some more excitement- the extension catalog sounds awesome.

p.s. i also remember something about user mentions?

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

phpBB 3.3 will be a minor release that mostly focuses on having phpBB compatible with the latest PHP versions. Features like the extensions catalog and user mentions will be included in 4.0.

david63

Post by david63 »

An observation.

I was just installing another test 3.3.0-b1 board and trying to save a bit of time (which ended up costing me more time!) and along with the core files I had created an ext folder with quite a few extensions in it. No matter what I did I kept encountering a timeout when it came to the part of the install that handles extensions.

Personally I don't think that the install should install any extensions - but that is not my decision to make.

This may possibly explain some of the timeout issues that users have when installing phpBB
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

Is the update procedure from phpBB 3.2.x the same as previous? i.e. Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

P_I wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:26 pm Is the update procedure from phpBB 3.2.x the same as previous? i.e. Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
On my localhost testbed I've followed that update procedure and have successfully updated to 3.3.0-b1.

I've found one extension, Individual posts per page isn't compatible (not unexpected)

Code: Select all

ext/elsensee/postsperpage/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 8 (near "- @auth").
ADDED: It appears that the extension doesn't properly follow the syntax in Tutorial: Controllers and Routes — phpBB 3.2.x documentation. Adding the quote mark resolves the problem.

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

P_I wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:56 pm I've found one extension, Individual posts per page isn't compatible (not unexpected)
There are a few extensions that needs to be updated with those "quote marks". Board3 portal is lots of work :lol:

ThE KuKa
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by ThE KuKa »

Thanks Team!!!
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Solidjeuh wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:24 am There are a few extensions that needs to be updated with those "quote marks". Board3 portal is lots of work :lol:
https://jsonformatter.org/yaml-formatter ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

davidyin

Post by davidyin »

Crizzo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:21 am
davidyin wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:50 am Could you please provide the diff of the language between 3.3.0 a1 and b1?
Afaik is there no release 3.3.0-a1, so how should he make the diff?
When I test the development version of 3.3, it is shown as 3.3.0-a1.
If you can not provide it, it is still OK for me. I will do the manual check item by item.
Thank you anyway.