Subfolder system for attachments

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
david63

Re: Subfolder system for attachments

Post by david63 »

Perhaps I have missed something but if subfolders for attachments has been added to 3.3 how do you use it?
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Sorry, submitted my post prematurely. While the change is present in the master branch and should be in the next major release (4.0), 3.3 was not branched from master directly so the change was not included.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Daniela longo wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 am ...
Is there any other way to solve the issue without waiting for years and without introducing personal patches?
Introducing those patches will not solve your issue at the present stage. Do not try this at home :)

Other ways:

1 - ask for an extension to be made for free, here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=496
2 - ask for an extension to be made paid for, here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=656

Regards.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Daniela longo

Post by Daniela longo »

Thank you for the answer.
And when will be ready the version 4.0?
Thank you
Daniela

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Daniela longo wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:24 am And when will be ready the version 4.0?
No ETA. :|
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

JoanneGraham

Post by JoanneGraham »

There are still no approximate dates before the release of 4.0! ?
Last edited by JoanneGraham on Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

david63

Post by david63 »

JoanneGraham wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:42 pm There are still no approximate dates before the release of 4.0 ?
No - standard answer is it will be released when it is ready.

My guess is that if everything that is being suggested for phpBB 4.0 goes ahead (especially the new style) then we are possibly looking at 2022 at the earliest.
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!