How to fix status of Tracker tickets?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
javiexin

How to fix status of Tracker tickets?

Post by javiexin »

Situation: trying to update an old PR, I did a local merge of phpbb 3.2 branch into it, and then resolved all new merge conflicts, and updated the code with the new changes. The results were good, so I committed and pushed the changes back.

This created a complete mess, as I had not noticed that the PR was done against master. So I decided to fix it the best way I knew: close the messy PR and open a new one. That went perfectly ok.

Now the (very bad) side effect: when closing the old PR, a LOT of already merged Tracker tickets were AUTOMATICALLY TRANSITIONED to OPEN while they were already merged! Unfortunately, this has not only affected my own tickets, but a lot of them, from all authors.

How can I (help) fix this problem I unadvertently created? Most of the tickets in question were in a "Fixed/Unverified fix" status, but not all (that I have been able to identify).

Apologies to all affected, and specially, to the JIRA admins that will most likely have a hard time with this.
Regards,
-javiexin

PS: Thanks to Marc, that helped me understand why this happened through IRC.