Email notificiation of admin for moderation queue

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hbridge99

Email notificiation of admin for moderation queue

Post by hbridge99 »

On the older phpbb site there was thread asking for the feature of email notification when there posts in the moderation queue.
The requests went back to 2008 if my memory is correct. There were over a dozen pages of requests and people wondering why the feature wasn't in the core.

So:
Is there anything that has been added to 3.1 for email notification when posts are pending in the moderation queue?
If not, any plans to get into a future release?
I would like to have the feature implemented myself and would find it useful.
I realize there are issues with larger boards that get a lot of traffic where email notifications would need to be limited. However on smaller boards the feature would help get timely answers to people, even if nothing got posted on some days.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Email notificiation of admin for moderation queue

Post by DavidIQ »

Yes the notification system in 3.1 provides the possibility to subscribe to this type of notification if you have the proper permissions.