New smilies panel ?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
ABDev

New smilies panel ?

Post by ABDev »

Hi all,
I think the smilies panel is obsolete : the management is the same than phpBB2 ...
Categories Hierarchy 2.1.7 added a new management, and I'm trying to reproduce it on Ascraeus, for the moment.

Here is a first screenshot of my works :

Smilies 2016-07-30 09-33-18.png

For the moment, a SQL query generates the treatmens. Here it is :

Code: Select all

SELECT smiley_id, GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT code SEPARATOR \' \') AS smiley_codes, emotion, smiley_url, smiley_width, smiley_height, display_on_posting
	FROM ' . SMILIES_TABLE . '
		GROUP BY emotion
		ORDER BY smiley_order
Don't you think this panel would need a rejuvenation ?

JimA
Former Team Member

Re: New smilies panel ?

Post by JimA »

Even though the way it looks in the screenshot, it's just a small and mainly cosmetic change, I like the idea. It would be good to make it easier and quicker to add/delete smilies that have multiple smiley codes. :)

May I ask how you handle this while adding smilies? Would you allow for multiple smiley codes to be enter in the same screen for the same smiley?
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Hi ABDev :)

Many years passed since, isn't? Your effort to change it it is very appreciated by me I can say.

I do have in my archives, though, the 2.1.6d version of CH if I correctly recall, feel free (if you like) to PM me a link to where to download the latest. Thanks.

There is a lot to learn and mimic from there, namely a pretty ACP and something about permissions, we shouldn't forget that the Author brought to us all of this since phpBB2, when phpBB had no sub-forums etc.. etc..

CH it was a piece of coding art, for those of us they know it. (And about 10 years ago).

BTW, I strongly believe you should open a development topic over there at .com for this (3.1, 3.2 are features frozen), if you need help I will be more than glad (in my spare time) to partecipate on your project.

Regards. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

ABDev

Post by ABDev »

JimA wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:05 pmMay I ask how you handle this while adding smilies? Would you allow for multiple smiley codes to be enter in the same screen for the same smiley?
As CH introduced it, here is how the management could be done :

Smilies 2016-08-01 07-57-36.png

A textarea tag would replace the input tag, and there would be on smiley code per line.

When editing a smiley, it would be possible to add one or many codes, modify data and/or remove one or many codes.

Hoping you like the idea ;).

@3Di : Hey, it was a long time I didn't see you :).

I have the 2.1.6h and 2.1.7 versions of CH in my archives, I prepare you all that.