location of drafts

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
sajaki

location of drafts

Post by sajaki »

in phpbb 3.0 & 3.1, 3.2 all drafts are uniquely accessible from within the ucp. wouldn't it be more intuitive if the author could access them from the forum in which the draft was written, but clearly marked as "draft" ?

JimA
Former Team Member

Re: location of drafts

Post by JimA »

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Isn't this already happening?

I just tested it here at Area51 and when I saved a draft reply for this topic, a button with "Load draft" appears the next time I try to reply to this very topic and when I'm posting a new topic in this forum. What exactly did you have in mind to make it even more accessible/clear?
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com

sajaki

Post by sajaki »

JimA wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pmUnless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Isn't this already happening?
Is it ? I haven't looked a 3.2 yet, but supposed the draft system hadn't changed.

JimA
Former Team Member

Post by JimA »

sajaki wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:19 am
JimA wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pmUnless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Isn't this already happening?
Is it ? I haven't looked a 3.2 yet, but supposed the draft system hadn't changed.
It hasn't. :)

What I described above as happening here on Area51 is the default behaviour for 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 as well. So like I said, I might have misunderstood what you wanted to change, but drafts have always been accessible when creating a new post/topic where you saved the draft.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

With the buttons "Load draft" you can load a draft to the same "location" where you saved it
If you create a draft when creating a new topic, you can load that draft when you create a topic in the same forum where the draft was created. But you can't load the draft as an answer to a topic, regardless if you are posting in the same forum or not.

If you create a draft as a reply to a topic, you can reload it to the same topic, but not to a different one or as a new topic.

Maybe your idea is to have a clearer hint on the existing draft when creating or replying a topic, for example placing the button in the bbcode-area of the editor, so you can see it on top? This should only be a style issue. Or even in the "Quick-Reply" editor window (maybe a little bit more changing is necessary).
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

I think he is asking for shadow topics/replies based on drafts
Donations welcome via Paypal Image