phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 3 will be 3.2/Rhea followed by 3.3.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.1. If you need support for phpBB 3.1 please visit the 3.1.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Post Reply
User avatar
neufke
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by neufke » Fri May 13, 2016 5:39 pm

CHItA wrote:
Fri May 13, 2016 4:46 pm
Elsensee wrote:
Fri May 13, 2016 12:41 pm
neufke wrote:
Tue May 10, 2016 6:57 pm
the longest part takes 10:34 mins, that should still trigger the max_execution_time of 600 yesterday (and is absolutely not acceptable) but is way LOWER than the 940 setting i tested before... and that puzzles me a bit.
That is indeed a very very long time. Also, this didn't trigger the max_execution_time since these 630 seconds happened on the database server alone and the time, that the script has spent there, are excluded from what PHP measures as script execution time.
That's not true on Windows.
neufke wrote:
Sun May 08, 2016 9:26 pm
Environment (local) WAMP, php 5.6.16, Apache 2.4.17, max_execution_time in php.ini set to 180 (also tried 600, same results)
Let's wait for Elsensee with an idea, i'm open to any good insights... ;) (and yes, on WAMP as said, -shame on me- MAC 28" :( )

juliokr
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by juliokr » Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 am

I'v seen that 3.2.0-RC is released
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... 3.2.0-RC1/ since may 16th
Is there any reason why it is not announced ?

Rhino.Freak
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:47 am

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by Rhino.Freak » Wed May 18, 2016 9:27 am

juliokr wrote:
Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 am
I'v seen that 3.2.0-RC is released
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... 3.2.0-RC1/ since may 16th
Is there any reason why it is not announced ?
OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE. Will try to download it asap :P

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 1732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:29 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 18, 2016 10:33 am

juliokr wrote:
Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 am
I'v seen that 3.2.0-RC is released
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... 3.2.0-RC1/ since may 16th
Is there any reason why it is not announced ?
Because we're not ready to announce it yet? Patience. It'll come.
Image

User avatar
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 am
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by Marc » Wed May 18, 2016 5:20 pm

juliokr wrote:
Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 am
I'v seen that 3.2.0-RC is released
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... 3.2.0-RC1/ since may 16th
Is there any reason why it is not announced ?
Just to be clear: phpBB 3.2.0-RC1 has not been released. Packages have been created but we haven't released it yet. This also means that the packages might potentially be recreated or replaced. Any release of phpBB will be a released version once it has been announced. Not a second prior to that.
You will not receive any support for versions that were downloaded prior to their release.

User avatar
neufke
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by neufke » Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 am

Any updates on the timeout problem by any chance (asking very carefully ;) ) ?

User avatar
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 am
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by Marc » Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 am

As far as I'm aware most of this if not all of that should have been cleared up in the past few weeks.

User avatar
neufke
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by neufke » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 am

Marc wrote:
Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 am
As far as I'm aware most of this if not all of that should have been cleared up in the past few weeks.
Thanks Marc!

User avatar
neufke
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by neufke » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:57 am

Marc wrote:
Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 am
As far as I'm aware most of this if not all of that should have been cleared up in the past few weeks.
Marc, Couldn't install latest RC1 any sooner so my apologies for that.

Same config as before, same DB and took some tries before it works. It all comes down to:

Code: Select all

Installed Schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\default_data_type_ids; Time: 1335.21 seconds
Installing Schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\default_data_type_ids.
The updater runs fine but you need to set the timeout in php.ini immensely high otherwise script times out. Thought i'd let you know. Now that i know this it isn't a problem because i can and i will update this particular board locally.

Post Reply