phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
JoshyPHP

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

Post by JoshyPHP »

The updater must be running the text_reparser migration before the allowed_schemes_links. If you can use the CLI, you can fix it with this:

Code: Select all

php bin/phpbbcli.php config:set allowed_schemes_links "http,https,ftp"

Cin

Post by Cin »

Yeah that worked, thanks!

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

Hey all,

I'm trying to install it via the full install package with the path /install/app.php/update

I got the following error message
3_2_01.PNG
I don't understand the problem :S

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

It probably happens because the install/update directory is not readable. Please check whether that folder has the appropriate filesystem permissions, and if the problem is not that, please make a bug report in the bug tracker.

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

this is the map install (it contents)
3_2_02.PNG
and changed too
3_2_03.PNG
But no difference

how can I create that bug report in the bug tracker
and what must it contain?

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

You don't have an update directory in there, so you didn't download an update package.

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

I have reuploaded it and it works like a charm

pierredu

Post by pierredu »

I tried to install a clean version on my local computer and the installation is stucked in the Creating database schema… part, at 11%. In the base, the table phpBB_privmsgs was created and is accessible. The other tables for private messages are not created (comparison with a clean 3.1.7 installation).

A few moments later:
I relaunched the installation procedure and it went to the end, this time.

janus

Post by janus »

Today I tried again to update from 3.1.6 to 3.2.0.-a2

After a lot of problems I ended with a 3.17 board ??

Cin

Post by Cin »

I noticed a certain behavior when looking at the search results here. I have not yet made a bug report because I don't know how phpBB is supposed to behave so I'll ask here:

When looking at search results, I noticed that posts in which short posts are quoted are displayed in quotation box. However, when searching for posts where the author has quoted a large post, and thus only a part of the post is shown (because only +-300 characters of the post are shown when using search) the end [/ quote] is not included and thus the text is not parsed and instead of a quotation box you see for example

[quote = "Pony99CA"] blabla ...

I don't remember if this behavior occurred before the use of the new text parser. It doesn't bother me, just something I noticed and wanted to ask.