phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

Post by Nicofuma »

Release highlights

Just a few changes this time, mainly bug fixes and little improvement for the new installer/updater.

The packages can be downloaded from our package archive. Please test the packages to extend, so we can have a fail-save final release.
The phpBB Team
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

RMcGirr83

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

Post by RMcGirr83 »

using install/app.php I get the following
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://127.0.0.1/qi/boards/316…assets/j ... ler.js:245
and in the console
Failed to parse JSON object

Message: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Server Response: <br />
<b>Warning</b>: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in <b>F:\xampp\htdocs\qi\boards\316\install\update\new\phpbb\install\helper\iohandler\iohandler_base.php</b> on line <b>104</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in <b>F:\xampp\htdocs\qi\boards\316\install\update\new\phpbb\install\helper\iohandler\iohandler_base.php</b> on line <b>106</b><br />

{"errors":[{"title":""}],"warnings":[{"title":"[phpBB debug] \"strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given\" in file F:\\xampp\\htdocs\\qi\\boards\\316\\install\\update\\new\\phpbb\\install\\helper\\iohandler\\iohandler_base.php on line 104"},{"title":"[phpBB debug] \"htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given\" in file F:\\xampp\\htdocs\\qi\\boards\\316\\install\\update\\new\\phpbb\\install\\helper\\iohandler\\iohandler_base.php on line 106"}],"logs":[],"success":[],"download":[],"form":"<form id=\"install_install\" method=\"POST\" action=\"\/qi\/boards\/316\/install\/app.php\/update\">\n\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<legend><\/legend>\n\t\t\t<fieldset class=\"submit-buttons\">\n\t<legend>Submit<\/legend>\n\t\t<input class=\"button1\" type=\"submit\" name=\"install\" value=\"Retest requirements\" \/>\n\t<\/fieldset>\n<\/form>\n"}
and the update never finishes.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

ForoXL

Post by ForoXL »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 am using install/app.php I get the following
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://127.0.0.1/qi/boards/316…assets/j ... ler.js:245
and in the console
Failed to parse JSON object

Message: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Server Response: <br />
<b>Warning</b>: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in <b>F:\xampp\htdocs\qi\boards\316\install\update\new\phpbb\install\helper\iohandler\iohandler_base.php</b> on line <b>104</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in <b>F:\xampp\htdocs\qi\boards\316\install\update\new\phpbb\install\helper\iohandler\iohandler_base.php</b> on line <b>106</b><br />

{"errors":[{"title":""}],"warnings":[{"title":"[phpBB debug] \"strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given\" in file F:\\xampp\\htdocs\\qi\\boards\\316\\install\\update\\new\\phpbb\\install\\helper\\iohandler\\iohandler_base.php on line 104"},{"title":"[phpBB debug] \"htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given\" in file F:\\xampp\\htdocs\\qi\\boards\\316\\install\\update\\new\\phpbb\\install\\helper\\iohandler\\iohandler_base.php on line 106"}],"logs":[],"success":[],"download":[],"form":"<form id=\"install_install\" method=\"POST\" action=\"\/qi\/boards\/316\/install\/app.php\/update\">\n\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<legend><\/legend>\n\t\t\t<fieldset class=\"submit-buttons\">\n\t<legend>Submit<\/legend>\n\t\t<input class=\"button1\" type=\"submit\" name=\"install\" value=\"Retest requirements\" \/>\n\t<\/fieldset>\n<\/form>\n"}
and the update never finishes.
+1

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Ticket for this has been created and a PR exists, too.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14373

leschek

Post by leschek »

I tried to do test update from 3.1.3 to 3.2 a2. After checking files installer shows me message CANNOT_DELETE_FILES even if there are not any files to delete (I deleted them before) and I can't continue to update board.
Also, whole updater is in English except introduction page (I used translated language files and I changed language of installer).

I also tried to update 3.2 a1 to 3.2 a2 and when I try to open install/app.php I get this error:

Code: Select all

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to phpbb\di\container_builder::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\config_php_file, string given, called in xxx\localweb\quickinstall\boards\ajaxchat\install\startup.php on line 121 and defined in xxx\localweb\quickinstall\boards\ajaxchat\phpbb\di\container_builder.php on line 121

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

called in xxx\localweb\quickinstall\boards\ajaxchat\install\startup.php
seems to have something to do with some ajaxchat thingy?
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

leschek

Post by leschek »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:34 pm
called in xxx\localweb\quickinstall\boards\ajaxchat\install\startup.php
seems to have something to do with some ajaxchat thingy?
You are right. I used that board to test ajaxchat extension, but I disabled it and deleted its data and files, and I still have the same error.

Cin

Post by Cin »

It there a way to update the database manually with CLI or something? When I click update, I get the message that everything upgraded however, my database is not. The version still says 3.1.5 and I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'fastImageSize\fastImageSize' not found
I then updated the files manually and get a different error (The updater now doesn't give me the option to only update the db and is stuck updating the files.):

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Invalid scheme name '' in phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php:5947 Stack trace: #0 
phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(5584): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Collections\SchemeList->normalizeValue('') #1 phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(5619): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Collections\NormalizedList->append('') #2 
phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(4974): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Collections\NormalizedList->offsetSet(NULL, '') #3 
phpBB/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory.php(207): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\UrlConfig->allowScheme('') #4 
phpBB/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory. in phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 5947

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

When I ran the Update Database Only option, it did not update the database (no migrations were run).

Yes there is a CLI option:
$ php bin/phpbbcli.php db:migrate
Has an irascible disposition.

Cin

Post by Cin »

Everything is skipped until:

Migration already effectively installed (skipped): \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\announce_global_permission
Apply dependencies of \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\text_reparser.
Installing Data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\text_reparser.
Then I get this error:

[InvalidArgumentException]
  Invalid scheme name ''