phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
JoshyPHP

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

Post by JoshyPHP »

Sure, I have a test board for 3.1 too. What I'm looking for is someone who knows how it's supposed to work and can confirm whether simply removing the string from generate_board_url() from the start of the URL is adequate. It would also be the occasion to reconsider whether it's a good feature and how it could evolve in 3.2.

Maybe moving the local URL truncation to an extension would encourage others to implement other kinds of replacements. I've seen using a topic's title as the link's text, for example.

Someone should split this thread to a new topic.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

JoshyPHP wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:22 am Sure, I have a test board for 3.1 too. What I'm looking for is someone who knows how it's supposed to work and can confirm whether simply removing the string from generate_board_url() from the start of the URL is adequate. It would also be the occasion to reconsider whether it's a good feature and how it could evolve in 3.2.

Maybe moving the local URL truncation to an extension would encourage others to implement other kinds of replacements. I've seen using a topic's title as the link's text, for example.

Someone should split this thread to a new topic.
Does this help:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/3.1 ... #L715-L750

Basically, all URLs over 55 chars are shortened with an ellipses 10 chars from the end of it.
Then if it's a local URL, it is displayed like a relative URL, as in the domain and board root parts are removed.
Has an irascible disposition.

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

VSE wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:19 pm Does this help:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/3.1 ... #L715-L750
Not really, no. :? I've read the code for make_clickable() and make_clickable_callback() a few times but they're about 200 lines long and the original intent isn't immediately obvious.

As far as I can tell, it does compare the start of the URL to the string returned by generate_board_url() and removes it if it matches. Relying on generate_board_url() makes things much harder to test because it requires a request instance and a user instance to figure out the name of the server.

sajaki

Post by sajaki »

hi,

i've tested 3.2.a1, latest pull from github.
  • installation process went smooth
  • extensions ok too so far (only tested Ultimate points, acme demo, about us, rules extensions)
  • (edit) upgrading from 3.1.6 to 3.2.0-a1 with the auto update package at https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... 2.0-a1.zip isn't possible.
    After merging the update package into the test 3.1.6, and going to url http://localhost:8082/phpbb316/install/, i get a 403 forbidden. there is no index.php in the install folder. (i'm using MAMP with php 5.6.10). so that smoke test failed -> ticket PHPBB3-14347
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpbb316/install/ on this server.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Well I guess I'll bite the bullet and have a dual boot on my comp. Not the first time I have tried *nix but willing to see if it's something in windows that is causing the fail in XAMPP. At least that would be something somewhat concrete. Won't install WAMP, it gives me a headache.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Khaos-Rage

Post by Khaos-Rage »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:51 pm...

I can try it in xampp on linux lite which is ubuntu based when I get home in about an hour.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:51 pm Well I guess I'll bite the bullet and have a dual boot on my comp. Not the first time I have tried *nix but willing to see if it's something in windows that is causing the fail in XAMPP. At least that would be something somewhat concrete. Won't install WAMP, it gives me a headache.
FWIW, I also installed on a live server and it worked just fine there too. So it's definitely something strange in your computer, but I can't tell what :/
Has an irascible disposition.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Hello from *nix land. Naturally installing and using an extension all worked and is working fine. :mad:

So what the hell is wrong with winblows? As stated previously, 3.1.6 installs and works fine in my windows OS but 3.2.0 does not.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

It is something specific to your environment I guess. I just installed a clean xampp with 3.2 alpha and my ajax shoutbox and it works fine with both rewrite enabled as disabled.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Well I'm not sure WTH is going on. I just zapped the install I had at work (one of the machines I was testing on to see if it was my comp at home or not which also failed previously), did a brand spanking new install and routing is now working. :? :? :? :? :? :? x ∞

So I guess the ticket I opened concerning this is now a non-issue. Just the absolute weirdest damn thing ever.