Rename and move "Last visit was:"

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
savemebarry

Rename and move "Last visit was:"

Post by savemebarry »

Hello. I think that the "Last visit was:" at the index would be better if it was renamed into "Last login was:", because the word 'visit' is a bit ambiguous.

Also, I think that it could be moved inside the UCP frontpage as that piece of information is for members only and to make the index even cleaner... what do you guys think?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Rename and move "Last visit was:"

Post by DavidIQ »

The data displayed actually is "Last visit" not "Last login". They're both different data entries and tracked differently.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Presumably "visit" means "hit a phpBB page while logged in", so it's not when you logged in. If you were clicking through pages for hours, your last visit would be hours later than your login time.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Pony99CA wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:37 am Presumably "visit" means "hit a phpBB page while logged in"
This is currently my own last visit: Last visit was: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:44 am

February? wtf

And at my profile there's the "last active": Last active: less than a minute ago

That one makes sense.

Khaos-Rage

Post by Khaos-Rage »

Louis7777 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:22 am This is currently my own last visit: Last visit was: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:44 am
Yeah mine said March 26, 2015, I think it may be date of last login.

Just logged out and back in and it now says "a minute ago".

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Last visit looks broken here. Mine also says February. However on phpBB.com, last visit is correct (shows a time from last night).

According to my login keys, I last logged in back in May, but last visit is showing a date even older than that. So I'm not sure what is wrong, but the session last visit time is definitely very stale and just wrong here.
Has an irascible disposition.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

The Last Visit problem may also explain the problem that I reported in New Posts Not Working? back in January.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Pony99CA wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:59 pm The Last Visit problem may also explain the problem that I reported in New Posts Not Working? back in January.

Steve
That may well be the case. For me, it's all about Feb 22. That's when area51 thinks I last visited, and that's how far back my New Posts results go.

So the two are connected.
Has an irascible disposition.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

^Outch.

My last login key is from Sep 01. But my last visit is Last visit was: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 pm.
This seems to work well on phpbb.com and my 3.1.5 board.
Previous user: TheKiller

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

This may have had to do with this board having system cron enabled, but lacking a call to cron. System cron is now off, which may fix this problem.