phpBB 3.1.4 RC2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Dragosvr92

Re: phpBB 3.1.4 RC2 released

Post by Dragosvr92 »

The update files found are incompatible with your installed version. Your installed version is 3.1.4-RC1 and the update file is for updating phpBB 3.0.14-RC1 to 3.1.4-RC2.
It still says i have the latest version. I believe there was a php line in the includes i had to change for RC versions....?
.. Which isnt provided in the release anymore.
Previous user: TheKiller

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Dragosvr92 wrote:That is weird. Seems it was released today, but the devs were too busy/lazy to announce it.

Edit: Uumh... It seems the RC1 topic got changed to RC2... And Again, same as with RC1, the dl link is not on the provided url page ! -_-

And no matter how much i recheck my board version, it still says RC1 is the latest version. :|
These are little things that have to be sorted out and make a difference on the phpbb image....

And a list with the events as it was discussed on this page, should have been included.....
Sorry, earlier all this stuff updated automatically (area51, version check, etc) after a push to the repo.
Seems like this behaviour is broken, I prod the relevant people yet again.

As for why I didn't announce it, I simply forgot to hit submit, before closing the tab it seems. Sorry for that aswell, but *** happens, I'm just human :geek:
Dragosvr92 wrote:
The update files found are incompatible with your installed version. Your installed version is 3.1.4-RC1 and the update file is for updating phpBB 3.0.14-RC1 to 3.1.4-RC2.
It still says i have the latest version. I believe there was a php line in the includes i had to change for RC versions....?
.. Which isnt provided in the release anymore.
3.0.14-RC1 is not 3.1.4-RC1 ;) please use the correct package ;)
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Allen42

Post by Allen42 »

Updating to a 2nd release candidate version of 3.1.4 is maybe useful, this includes some minor technical fixes or something.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 3.1.4 RC1 released

Post by nickvergessen »

Pony99CA wrote:Agreed. Being able to filter the Wiki list of events by release would be useful.

Steve
I modified our tool we use for the wiki, to be able to filter for a specific version. I used it and put the list of new/changed events on the release highlights page:
https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highligh ... nt_changes

If the "since version" is not from the release, it was modified (obvious?)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

That's helpful but I noticed that a few that have a release of 3.1.0-a1 still display.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

M.Gaetan89

Post by M.Gaetan89 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:That's helpful but I noticed that a few that have a release of 3.1.0-a1 still display.
nickvergessen wrote:If the "since version" is not from the release, it was modified (obvious?)
I think it's not that obvious then. Maybe the column should be more generic. Like "Added or updated in", but that's getting a bit too long I think.

Thanks for the update nickvergessen, really useful :)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

nickvergessen wrote:If the "since version" is not from the release, it was modified (obvious?)
Whoops...missed that part. :oops:
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

If you want to update from 3.1.4-RC2 to the final, use the update package from the download archive:
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/3.1/3.1.4/