phpBB 3.1.4 RC2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Re: phpBB 3.1.4 RC1 released

Post by Nicofuma »

Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Yep. I think a link to a page that lists all events per version would be okay to include.
A filter for version or placement would be nice on the https://wiki.phpbb.com/Event_List page.
Previous user: TheKiller

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I'm curious as to why within the docs directory there is an events file which seems to be for template events (and is actually). Why wouldn't there be three files? EG, template_events, core_events and acp_events? The problem with the way it is setup now, and with the link that nicofuma gave, is even the events that weren't merged into the project still display on the github page and the wiki link has to be updated manually (I have done some but after an hour got tired of doing it).

There has got to be an easier way!
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

The wiki is generated automatically from the source code status and it is updated by the release manager when he publish a new version. No one have to update the wiki manually (and anyway any change will be lost after the next release.

About my link, its purpose was to say that the list isn't short. Nothing else. If you want to have an exhaustive list you can use the tracker (JIRA) or the changelog (generated from the tracker)
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Nicofuma wrote:(and anyway any change will be lost after the next release.
Wish I had known that...thought I was helping out and instead it seems I was wasting my time. :roll:
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

M.Gaetan89

Post by M.Gaetan89 »

I think I missed a lot of work on the project lately :O
Didn't think of using GitHub to find the list of new events ...

But Dragosvr92's idea is good too: being able to filter sort the list of events in the doc. I didn't look at how the page is generated, but it should be doable.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Agreed. Being able to filter the Wiki list of events by release would be useful.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

marcovo

Post by marcovo »

You can already sort the list/table in https://wiki.phpbb.com/Event_List , after which all events are grouped per release. Search for the desired release and you have your requested filter I guess?

Galixte

Re: phpBB 3.1.4 RC2 released

Post by Galixte »

Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.

Dragosvr92

Re: phpBB 3.1.4 RC2 released

Post by Dragosvr92 »

That is weird. Seems it was released today, but the devs were too busy/lazy to announce it.

Edit: Uumh... It seems the RC1 topic got changed to RC2... And Again, same as with RC1, the dl link is not on the provided url page ! -_-

And no matter how much i recheck my board version, it still says RC1 is the latest version. :|
These are little things that have to be sorted out and make a difference on the phpbb image....

And a list with the events as it was discussed on this page, should have been included.....
Previous user: TheKiller