Missing icon image.....?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
spaceace

Re: Missing icon image.....?

Post by spaceace »

i personally can't stand font awesome but won't have much say in it :(

but i would hope that it will be local by default in the case of something going wrong with the connection to the external site. otherwise you guys will get flooded with issues about no icons showing ;)

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

spaceace wrote:but i would hope that it will be local by default in the case of something going wrong with the connection to the external site. otherwise you guys will get flooded with issues about no icons showing ;)
Right, which is why we don't enable CDN usage for jQuery by default. ;)

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

spaceace wrote:i personally can't stand font awesome but won't have much say in it :(

but i would hope that it will be local by default in the case of something going wrong with the connection to the external site. otherwise you guys will get flooded with issues about no icons showing ;)
it does not really matter as to the preference of the specific icons we choose. It will be implemented in a standard form meaning you can easily swap out icons for another. It will be a completely self contained module. Font-Awesome was chosen do to its highly active user base and compatibility of licensing not to mention the amount of icons that are supported. It beats all other competitors hands down in those two areas.

As for the implementation we are still working out some details. But It will be handled differently than jquery as its css not js so their are subtle differences to consider. The best way to handle this is still being discussed, as their are a lot of things to consider.

The current way we include jquery is also not necessarily the best method as it should be handle via fallback rather than setting. But thats a discussion for another day
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil »

Really glad to hear that Font Awesome will definitely be included! I've been using it from way back on 3.0.x.

M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

icon_search_adv.gif
Ah! Since I dabble in style making, I was searching all over the place to see what the file looked like. Glad I found this.

Has it been already reported to be removed?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »