Member rank image not showing in post

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
mrgtb

Member rank image not showing in post

Post by mrgtb »

I use member rank images on my forum that worked fine before. Now since upgrading to RC5 they are not being displayed for a member that just joined and made 1 post, but on their profile page the rank is displayed for them (so rank image is there). Odd thing is though, I have a guest board also that they can post on, and a guest post made on that "does show" a rank image with rank title for guest.

I've double checked to make sure a rank is there still to be used for a member with 1 post (which it is) in admin cp. So no idea why this member who just posted and is listed under registered usersgroup - that uses rank images has not displayed one, neither a rank title. They left the forum now, as I wanted them to make 2nd post to see if same thing happens with that rank image and title not being displayed. I'll setup a test account now and see if same thing happens?
Last edited by mrgtb on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mrgtb

Re: Member rank image not showing in post

Post by mrgtb »

No, no ranks are getting displayed for members. Created a dummy test account and made two post, and there are ranks for members at start for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 posts in a row. But no rank is getting displayed for either 1st and 2nd post made.

I re-downloaded the RC5 package and replaced the viewtopic_body.html tempate with one from that (because I've made some changes to that template). But even using a clean version of it and clearing all cache does same thing, no ranks displayed for members

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I re-posted it here after seeing this is not right forum for it: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2265686

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

this is the correct forum but we need more information and maybe a link to test forum to help
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Why are you not having the same problem on new install of RC5 using member ranks, to test it with that? I've compared the viewtopic_body.html template from RC4 with one from RC5 and didn't see any code differences, thought it might have been that template with a error in it. I've tried clearing all cache, even replacing that template with a new version of it from RC5 downloaded again - but same issue. Thing is, it was working fine before running RC4, worked fine all the time through Beta's and all previous RC's showing member ranks in posts - up until installing RC5

It will show the ranks in posts if set as "Special Ranks", but not if based on post count.

Here is a screenshot of what my ranks are setup like.
ranks.png
(74.34 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
And registered usergroup you can see is using post count based ranks.
Snap1.png
(20.39 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
You can see in this image I'm showing a special rank as admin, but that member below me doesn't show a rank now, not even rank title.
no rank.png
(51.47 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Yet, on their profile page it does show. Why I thought it must have been a bug in viewtopic_body template
ewe.png
ewe.png (24.65 KiB) Viewed 12402 times
I've tried pretty much everything to find the fault. even repairing all database tables, manually deleting all cache files using FTP. Uploading clean unedited version of viewtopic_body template and then clearing cache (still same). Double checking all settings, even changing ranks to special and then back to post count based for register member usergroup and re-saving it, e.t.c.

Even when I upgrade between RC's, I don't overwrite files - I delete them all except config and images, then upload all RC5 files that way. So there's no over-writing files between upgrades that's caused the issue (I do a full upgrade each time), deleting all previous RC4 files first, apart from ones I need to keep (uploaded files and images directory with ranks, custom avatars and smilies).
Last edited by mrgtb on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Yeah, I've appied the patch in that file on that one line, it's fixed the problem. But did leave a comment on tracker because searched rest of file and found that same line of code to be replaced in many other areas listed in it. I'm not a coder, but thought I'd mention it on the tracker just in-case.