Releasing 3.1.0-RC4

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
leschek

Re: Releasing 3.1.0-RC4

Post by leschek »

tct: A few days ago I had the same problem, but clearing of browser cache helped.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

CTRL + F5
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

tct wrote:sorry my english is not good !!!
fsddfsd.png
Are you using very old version of chrome?

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

VSE wrote:
mrgtb wrote:I just upgraded to RC4.

The new search box displayed in header area. I noticed it's not aligned in middle (even spacing top and bottom of it), so it matches logo being centred by default and looks better. I think you should change this code for it (margin-top) from 30px - to 24px. That will centre the search box giving an equal 29px below and above it. Tested it in chrome, ie and FF and looks same in all, centred

find this.

Code: Select all

.search-header {
	border-radius: 4px;
	display: block;
	float: right;
	margin-right: 5px;
	margin-top: 30px;
}
Change to this:
.search-header {
border-radius: 4px;
display: block;
float: right;
margin-right: 5px;
margin-top: 24px;
}
search.png
I prefer the current placement. But you also have to remember that the size of the header bar can change depending on the logo in there, the amount of site description text.

I think a margin-bottom may be better than margin-top. It just depends on whether we want to control its distance from the top or the bottom of the header.
I never give thought about people will use different sized logo. So yes, changing that margin-top is on a "user per user" bases really... depending on what size logo you use. Anyway, I ended up slightly increasing margin-right as well, so it matched same space in pixels as logo has on left-side of it. I've made a lot of changes to ProSilver style anyhow, so not like I'm bothered about editing that also to suit my board.

tct

Post by tct »

PayBas wrote:
tct wrote:sorry my english is not good !!!
fsddfsd.png
Are you using very old version of chrome?
Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 (64-bit) on Ubuntu
via https://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ ... le/Release
I'm Vietnamese so I'm not good in speaking English!!!

tct

Post by tct »

leschek wrote:tct: A few days ago I had the same problem, but clearing of browser cache helped.
nickvergessen wrote:CTRL + F5
Thank you very much!
Problem solved after clear cache on chrome!!!
sorry, my english is not good!
I'm Vietnamese so I'm not good in speaking English!!!

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

hanakin wrote:that margin value is a magic number meaning as VSE pointed out it only works in this specific case. If anything it should be set to match the spacing on the right or the spacing for the logo element from the top of the headerbar.

something like so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqp434fl334rx ... 6.png?dl=0

but that should really be discussed in its own topic
That seems way too high and misplaced. As I stated I like the current placement, or more specifically, closer to the page content rather than far away.
Has an irascible disposition.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

VSE wrote:
hanakin wrote:that margin value is a magic number meaning as VSE pointed out it only works in this specific case. If anything it should be set to match the spacing on the right or the spacing for the logo element from the top of the headerbar.

something like so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqp434fl334rx ... 6.png?dl=0

but that should really be discussed in its own topic
That seems way too high and misplaced. As I stated I like the current placement, or more specifically, closer to the page content rather than far away.
VSE either way top or bottom of container but consistent spacing non the less
Donations welcome via Paypal Image