Did we revert the "topic title links to undread post"?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
tbackoff

Did we revert the "topic title links to undread post"?

Post by tbackoff »

Haven't tested B4 yet, but did we put the code back in that links the first unread post to the topic title (it just happened to me here at Area 51)? I thought this was removed because there was some serious backlash over it.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Did we revert the "topic title links to undread post"?

Post by DavidIQ »

No. There is the large topic icon that still does that as well as the small one right next to the topic title. You may have clicked on one of the two. The title links to the start of the topic.

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

Um, no. My mouse is definitely over the title only. Clicking too me to the first unread post.
unread_post.png
(9.98 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
*EDIT* OK, now it's not happening. :?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Well the title attribute for the topic link does change based on if there are unread posts in the topic or not but it doesn't appear to actually link to the unread posts URL. Are you sure you graduated?

*runs*

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

I swear I'm not losing my mind. This happened again - but with a new "feature".

1. Click on a topic that has unread posts and multiple pages (on the part of the topic title closest to the image).
2. If you scroll to the bottom and click on the next page number, it will jump to that post, not to the top of the page like it should.

Anybody know any good screen capturing software? I'll make a video.

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

This is still happening. However, my instructions on reproducing this may not have been clear.
tmbackoff wrote:1. Click on a topic that has unread posts and multiple pages with some read and unread posts on the last page (this part is important!).
2. If you scroll to the bottom and click on the last page number, it will jump to that post, not to the top of the page like it should.
I'm also still experiencing the issue of the topic title jumping to the first unread post, but this only happens occasionally.

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

After further investigation, viewtopic only jumps to the new posts if you go to the last page within a topic (or if the topic has only one page, it does it from viewforum). I'll submit a ticket.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

tmbackoff wrote:After further investigation, viewtopic only jumps to the new posts if you go to the last page within a topic (or if the topic has only one page, it does it from viewforum). I'll submit a ticket.
You are right. I reproduced this ugly issue as well. Seems to be caused by https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-12667

Topic title links have become unreliable again :(
Has an irascible disposition.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

tmbackoff wrote:Anybody know any good screen capturing software? I'll make a video.
http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/downloads.asp
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Its a bug
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM