[Define New Theme] 8. Utilize Font Awesome icons where icons are needed to simplify server requests.

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Pony99CA

Re: [Define New Theme] 8. Utilize Font Awesome icons where icons are needed to simplify server requests.

Post by Pony99CA »

DavidIQ wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:00 pm I'm actually seeing the same missing icons problem on my work machine (IE11) but I think it's some policy they've implemented here on the browser. The site looks fine on Chrome on the same machine and looks fine in IE11 on other non-work machines, although it looks fine in Edge on my work laptop. Fiddler doesn't show anything out of the ordinary that can help to identify the issue and the DOM explorer (F12 tools) doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.
It could be a policy, I suppose. We recently got Chrome here and it does show the icons.

It's possible that it's also my old PC. I can't get to MSDN from here in IE, but I can get there in Chrome. Some System tech said that it could be because my machine is so old that it's not getting patches that it should get.

I'm supposed to get a new PC "soon", so we'll see if it fixes things. I guess that I'll just use Chrome when I visit here from now on. :D

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Re: [Define New Theme] 8. Utilize Font Awesome icons where icons are needed to simplify server requests.

Post by Kailey »

hanakin wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:15 amas for the home thing ill look into it, but it might be area51 specific
I don't think so, it's in the "master" branch... navbar_header.html#L180-L184

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

DavidIQ wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:20 pm Viewing the topic list on my iPad in portrait mode and with unread replies causes the new replies icon to be on one line and the topic title to be on another. Not sure if that's a result of this ticket or another or if it's already been fixed but looks pretty bad.
not actually an issue caused by anything in 3.2 it is there in 3.1 and is caused by horrible design/layout of prosilver so its not going to be a very clean fix, but ill look into it.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

hanakin wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:14 amnot actually an issue caused by anything in 3.2 it is there in 3.1 and is caused by horrible design/layout of prosilver so its not going to be a very clean fix, but ill look into it.
No, its not in 3.1 and it is caused by changes in 3.2. More specifically by addition of display:inline-block to all links.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

both facts are true. The icon issue is related to 3.2 but the overall poor look on the tablet of the whole DT section is not which is what I took away from his post.

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by Kailey »

hanakin wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:27 pm both facts are true. The icon issue is related to 3.2 but the overall poor look on the tablet of the whole DT section is not which is what I took away from his post.
Who are you referencing here? If it was me, first - I'm female, but that's beside the point. Second, I was specifically talking about the icon issue. It is NOT present in 3.1, but is present in 3.2. I'm not sure why you're saying it won't be an "easy fix" as I provided one here (perfectly acceptable by the current coding standards). ;) Am I missing something? I know I don't post here often, but I do follow development as much as I can.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

again I miss understood what davidIQ was referring too taking it to mean the overall rendering of the topic row on tablets which if you look at the screenshot looks fugly. The icon is not hard to fix the responsiveness of the overall topic row at the ipad size was. Either way all have been addressed in this pr: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3960

As for your issue it was already megred just not applied to area51 yet https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3962

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

No, you got that wrong. Issue is latest post icon (red icon on left of topic title) is moved to its own line. Pagination is fine.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Yeah sorry. Probably should have cropped down the image to the problem area...

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

By the way, tbh I think that having the pagination on a new line like in hanakin's proposal is cleaner
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM