Q&A CAPTCHA: Random questions

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
charafweb

Re: Q&A CAPTCHA: Random questions

Post by charafweb »

Thank you Steve, that's a sufficient solution for me.

emosbat

Post by emosbat »

did you mean multiple questions at the same time (in registration page)?

charafweb

Post by charafweb »

emosbat wrote:did you mean multiple questions at the same time (in registration page)?
No. What I want is to have the possibility to create many questions that will be displayed randomly (only one question each time), so that robots will have hard task to register the forum. (but this is already possible as imkingdavid said).

M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

charafweb wrote:
emosbat wrote:did you mean multiple questions at the same time (in registration page)?
No. What I want is to have the possibility to create many questions that will be displayed randomly (only one question each time), so that robots will have hard task to register the forum. (but this is already possible as imkingdavid said).
Sorry for reviving an old topic, but Google Search brought me to this topic.

For some odd reason, this doesn't seem to happen on my site (3.0.12).

I added a few multiple questions with their own answers. And when I test it myself each time, it only shows the same question each time. The only time I see it switch to another question is when I delibertly answer incorrectly.

Is this a bug? Or is it a session problem? Since I am the one testing this behavior?

Solved -- I figured it out. I pruned the session in the ACP, and then I got to see a new random question than from my previous session. :)