Dependency Management: Composer

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: Dependency Management: Composer

Post by nickvergessen »

You don't need to run composer install
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

Force of habit... from Laravel... always install & update... ;)
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

Jessica.

Post by Jessica. »

So I decided to go and replace all my 3.1 board's files with the recent build or whatever. It was on alpha2 -_- And now I'm getting issues that I don't understand:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The service definition "pagination" does not exist.' in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php:705 Stack trace: #0 /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(343): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition('pagination') #1 /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/includes/acp/acp_logs.php(49): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('pagination') #2 /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/includes/functions_module.php(604): acp_logs->main('logs', 'admin') #3 /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/adm/index.php(71): p_master->load_active() #4 {main} thrown in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 705

Must be something obvious. I might as well reinstall my test board. Here it goes..

EDIT: Never mind I think I got it

EDIT #2: or maybe not.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Did you replace _all_ files?

Try clearing out the cache directory (except htaccess and index files)

ch3tzy
I've been banned

Post by ch3tzy »

+1