phpbb3.1.0 dev

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
abpphpbb3

Re: phpbb3.10 dev

Post by abpphpbb3 »

hello,

php 5.4 is included dans wampserver 2.3 beta

bernard

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

abpphpbb3 wrote:msdos command line
first step ===> bitsadmin /transfer phpbbjob /download http://getcomposer.org/installer c:\wamp\www\phpBB\composer.phar
result ===>composer.phar is created successfully in the folder of phpbb

second step ===> php composer.phar install
result ===> no way to initiate install ( do I missed something ? )
I don't think it actually grabbed the phar file. I have modified the instructions in my last post so that it gets the installer and runs it first. As I mentioned earlier, downloading it through the commanline is unnecessary, you can just grab it off the site.

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello,
BTW: In my experience it's easier to install IIS and PHP manually on a windows machine. Also always you can use the newest version of PHP. ;)
And the free MS SQL Express also is a good alternative to MySQL, too. If you are doing the Microsoft way then do it as much as possible. ;) :)

BTW: If you want to have a local copy of your LINUX using hosting package then you can install a virtual LINUX machine on your local windows desktop.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

MartinTruckenbrodt wrote:BTW: In my experience it's easier to install IIS and PHP manually on a windows machine. Also always you can use the newest version of PHP. ;)
And the free MS SQL Express also is a good alternative to MySQL, too. If you are doing the Microsoft way then do it as much as possible. ;) :)
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

callumacrae wrote:
MartinTruckenbrodt wrote:BTW: In my experience it's easier to install IIS and PHP manually on a windows machine. Also always you can use the newest version of PHP. ;)
Yeah I'll have to agree with Callum here. The latest installations of PHP on Windows are pretty straightforward and make installation pretty easy. I just installed 2 or 3 months ago on a Windows Server 2008 box through the app gallery and it went perfectly smoothly without much manipulation needed to php.ini.

Even though I believe MS SQL Server to be much more robust and powerful than MySQL will ever be at pretty much any level, MySQL is much better suited for PHP.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

i upgraded my xampp to 1.7.7 which has php 5.3.8 and got composer installed

MartinTruckenbrodt

Hello David,
installing an enviroment for phpBB on a WIndows machine with IIS, PHP and MS SQL Express is very easy and needs not more than 45 minutes. I've done it in local company network more than three years ago on a Server 2003 R2 machine. The board was running very well. (I left the company some months later.)

My private public websites are running on a LINUX hosting virtual server package, too. There is only one reason for LINUX: Lower costs.

But if I'm using a windows machine e.g. on my local enviroment why not to use the build-in IIS? Ten simple mouse clicks and it's installed and configured for the very easy installation of PHP. The same for MS SQL Express. In my experience MS SQL Express is running very well for phpBB.

I think most of phpBB using webmasters are using LINUX based hosting packages with Apache, PHP and MySQL preinstalled and running from the first second. They just have to install phpBB. This is the easiest way. But you can not compare this setup with a completely self-installed enviroment. Here you need some skills. And here it doesn't matter if it is LINUX or Windows.
Or you are using WAMP or other packages. This may be very easy, too. But if you have problems like on this topic here then you need others help cause you don't have enough own skills. And the packages maintenance and developement can be very slowly. ;)

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

MartinTruckenbrodt wrote:Hello David,
installing an enviroment for phpBB on a WIndows machine with IIS, PHP and MS SQL Express is very easy and needs not more than 45 minutes. I've done it in local company network more than three years ago on a Server 2003 R2 machine. The board was running very well. (I left the company some months later.)
my comment was aimed at your statement that it's easier to manually set up PHP when in fact it's easier to just use their Windows installer, which took all of 15 minutes or less to set up PHP on my Windows server. Same deal with MySQL. That's all. If you're happier manually setting up and configuring PHP on your own then that's fine too. ;-)

MartinTruckenbrodt

Hello David,
please remember: We have been talking about local testing enviroments.
Again: If you want to have a local copy of your LINUX based webserver on a windows machine then create a virtual LINUX GUEST machine on your windows HOST machine. IMO this is the best way to have a most similar testing enviroment in this scenario.

I think your other comments are caused by misunderstandings with my last post. Sorry, English is not my native language.

I will leave this discussion now. It's not really important and usefully and now too much off-topic. :oops: ;)

Bye Martin

ali@php

Post by ali@php »

Arty wrote:Run these two commands from phpBB directory

Code: Select all

curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php
php composer.phar install
http://getcomposer.org/doc/01-basic-usa ... pendencies
I try to run code but this error appears (I use WAMP server) :
'php' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
phpBB persian international support : http://www.phpbbpersian.com