phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
aleha

Re: phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

Post by aleha »

There exists an Alpha 4 at the tracker but all the unfixed bugs from Alpha 3 got bumped for Beta 1.
Will there be an 3.1.0-A4?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

aleha wrote:There exists an Alpha 4 at the tracker but all the unfixed bugs from Alpha 3 got bumped for Beta 1.
Will there be an 3.1.0-A4?
Not sure about the A4, some tickets got assigned to B1 which are marked as blockers, to ensure they are fixed before we start Beta.
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

aleha

Post by aleha »

If I am running -git. When there is a version upgrade (i.e. A3) we usually have db schema changes.
Is there a way to upgrade the db without reinstalling?
Maybe I could run the migrations file for the new version, directly somehow?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

install/database_update.php
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

aleha

Post by aleha »

I used INCLUDEJS for a custom js file with the template event acp_overall_footer_after.
In order for the changes to appear in the footer I had to clear the cache each time I enabled the extension, probably because the footer gets cached.

Are you planning on changing this? Maybe clean the cache each time an extension is enabled?

aleha

Post by aleha »

I was grep-ing files at phpbb/db/migration/data/v310/ for the NOT NULL database directive and didn't find it, specifically for the 'add_tables' command. I also didn't find it in any of the extensions that I looked.
I remember that in the 3.0.x line, I myself had run into errors after updates with the NOT NULL directive.

So my question is if in 3.1.x this is done on purpose, i.e. omitting the NOT NULL directive and let the code handle the control flow although to be fair if the code does the job correctly there won't be a problem when inserting a table column.

F-3000

Post by F-3000 »

This thread (or rather, first post) is quite dragging behind. We seem to have RC2 by these days.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

This topic is not relevant anymore.